Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist Question / Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did some research first and I'm guessing this isn't possible at this point but I'm posting to verify or to see if I'm just doing something stupid wrong.

I've got "Stand Up" which are considered "movies" like one hour HBO specials and I've got "Stand Up" which are considered "tv shows" like "Comedy Central Presents".

I'm trying to get all this in one custom Kodi section on my main screen called "Stand Up".

My db already contains "SMB:\\movies\stand up" being scraped properly as movies by themoviedb and SMB:\\shows\stand up being scraped properly as tv shows by thetvdb. Both paths are on separate HDs.

I'm trying to create a combined smart playlist for "Stand Up" comedy.

Unsuccessful Attempt One:
I created a smart playlist with the rules:
Type: Mixed
Path contains SMB:\\movies\stand up
Path contains SMB:\\shows\stand up
Items must match one of the rules

This results in nothing in the playlist.

Unsuccessful Attempt Two:
I created a smart playlist for "stand up (movies)" with type "movies" and a smart playlist for "stand up (shows)" with type "shows" and both work and show the proper content. So I tried to create this playlist:
Type: Mixed
Playlist is "stand up (movies)"
Playlist is "stand up (shows)"
Items must match one of the rules

This results in nothing in the playlist.

Is this not possible? Can I not have a custom section containing all my stand up?

Thanks.
You need to post the non-working playlists you've created here if anyone is to figure out what's gone wrong.
Alright, it's on a Shield TV, i'll gather info and post back.