Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: codec for wmv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hy to all again..

i have coded my own addon. there r several videos comes as wmv.. and unfortunatelly kodi cant play wmv.. only blue screen and sounds come..

anyone has and idea¿

thanx for your time
(2015-09-13, 18:23)risigvalue Wrote: [ -> ]hy to all again..

i have coded my own addon. there r several videos comes as wmv.. and unfortunatelly kodi cant play wmv.. only blue screen and sounds come..

anyone has and idea¿

thanx for your time

Try playing the .wmv files with VLC, if it works use it as an external player with Kodi. I've found that a blue screen in Kodi can mean that the .wmv has DRM protection, in which case neither will play it.
(2015-09-14, 00:13)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-13, 18:23)risigvalue Wrote: [ -> ]hy to all again..

anyone has and idea¿

thanx for your time

Try playing the .wmv files with VLC, if it works use it as an external player with Kodi. I've found that a blue screen in Kodi can mean that the .wmv has DRM protection, in which case neither will play it.
First of all thanx for your time.. i have allready tried vlc n it worked just well.. but howeva kodi gives blue screen n only sound.. sound was not crackle at all.. i thought maybe kodi needed wmv codec...