Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Eminence 2.0 - ALPHA
Hey guys, I'm looking for people to test out Eminence 2.0 -- This is a complete rewrite from the ground up (using Conq as a base - thanks Hitcher!), so pretty much an entirely new skin. I'm posting here to get a bit more visibility. The Eminence subforum is a little quiet as I have previously been focussing my attention on Arctic - but now that Arctic is at a pretty stable point, I've returned to Eminence.

You can get it from the Eminence subforum post here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237538
Go there to post about the skin etc.

Thanks Big Grin

watch gallery
Awesome..Will test now...
Since I have the day off from work I'm testing it right now. First off animation seems super smooth. Secondly I love how you creates the submenus on the main screen. For the submenus I wish there was a way to notify the user that they need to press down to access them. Also for the home tiles I wish you had an option to display the tile colors in a faded way she they're not selected like you have in the original Eminence. I'm sure that option will come soon as you're busy with the recode. Great work so far
Really great job ! Keep working Smile
Hi, tested customization... For movies everything fine... didn't figure out what is submenu, but managed to customize the movies hub, everything ok adding shortcuts of movies, didnt manage the spotlight to show my movies (maybe because i didn't played any) i suppose that is the widget.

Now there's a bummer on series you can customise the hub with shortcuts, becouse they all refer to movies only, you should point out in shortcuts to the info supplied in the metadata like countries and maybe directors also, nowadays movies directors are responsible for series also.

And the major major bummer, there's no hub on music, no way to customize that... and of course a very important thing you cannot list by record label... group music by record label is important and by years also... that info is on the metadata so why not use it? and im pretty upset there is no hub nor many views... maybe you should put the option of hub with spotlight or no hub.

I understand it is unfinished business and i hope it doesn't sound too demanding... but you should look into that, music and tv series are very important on a mediacenter, at least for me...

But i would like to thank your hardwork and the opportunity you give for feedback, im still a fan of your work. Smile

edit: on music it is grouped by years...
(2015-09-14, 15:37)Talguy Wrote: [ -> ]Since I have the day off from work I'm testing it right now. First off animation seems super smooth. Secondly I love how you creates the submenus on the main screen. For the submenus I wish there was a way to notify the user that they need to press down to access them. Also for the home tiles I wish you had an option to display the tile colors in a faded way she they're not selected like you have in the original Eminence. I'm sure that option will come soon as you're busy with the recode. Great work so far
Yeah, I'm really happy with the submenus/menus also. Good idea about submenu indicator. Added one on git Smile

Yeah, faded tile colours will come, its just something that is a little complex to achieve using the new skinshortcuts method, but I think I have an idea about how to do it.

(2015-09-14, 18:35)zbigzbig20 Wrote: [ -> ]Really great job ! Keep working Smile
Thanks

(2015-09-14, 18:54)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, tested customization... For movies everything fine... didn't figure out what is submenu, but managed to customize the movies hub, everything ok adding shortcuts of movies, didnt manage the spotlight to show my movies (maybe because i didn't played any) i suppose that is the widget.

Now there's a bummer on series you can customise the hub with shortcuts, becouse they all refer to movies only, you should point out in shortcuts to the info supplied in the metadata like countries and maybe directors also, nowadays movies directors are responsible for series also.

And the major major bummer, there's no hub on music, no way to customize that... and of course a very important thing you cannot list by record label... group music by record label is important and by years also... that info is on the metadata so why not use it? and im pretty upset there is no hub nor many views... maybe you should put the option of hub with spotlight or no hub.

I understand it is unfinished business and i hope it doesn't sound too demanding... but you should look into that, music and tv series are very important on a mediacenter, at least for me...

But i would like to thank your hardwork and the opportunity you give for feedback, im still a fan of your work. Smile

edit: on music it is grouped by years...
Are you sure you are using the most up to date version of skin shortcuts from the github page? -- the skin uses new features in the skin shortcuts that are not on the repo version yet. You must use the git version.

In the home customisation dialog there are options to provide up to 9 different hubs and each is fully customisable through the dialog. You can choose absolutely any library path for any shortcut in the hubs, mainmenu or submenu. You should be able to configure all the home and hub items however you choose.
@Talguy - check latest git. Added an option in skin settings to show faded tile colours. Currently it will only work with one of the included colours, though I will add more preset colours eventually.
(2015-09-15, 04:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Talguy - check latest git. Added an option in skin settings to show faded tile colours. Currently it will only work with one of the included colours, though I will add more preset colours eventually.

I'll check it out tonight when I get home. Overall it still feels like Eminence 1.0 just smoother in all its transistions. I can't wait to see what else you have in the pipeline for it.
Hehe, the return of a top ranking skin ! Good Job ! Nod
HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!
HE'S DONE IT AGAIN..!!!
@jurialmunkey,
HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!

lovely, lovely.

just a couple things i've noticed just switching over (from Arctic: Zephyr)
that you've probably got on your todo list:
Full info on OSD
Weather widget for Home Screen / Flat Icons
* the Nextup Service Notification at the bottom their no option to stop / play.

i also agree. things seem much smoother!
(2015-09-15, 04:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Talguy - check latest git. Added an option in skin settings to show faded tile colours. Currently it will only work with one of the included colours, though I will add more preset colours eventually.

i'm not seeing this option
using 0.9.4

am i missing something?
do I still need script.eminencefunctions Huh
@locomot1f - it should be in skin settings - colours. Once you enable the options you can set tile colours in the home customisation screen.

No don't need eminence functions anymore.

Nextup is not skinned yet so that's likely the problem. Weather icons will come with Jarvis version and the new resource options

You can open extra info from the osd controls
@jurialmunkey nice work. It definitely is looking better. Tile color works as requested. Wish the arrows had more space under the tiles on the home page. Maybe you can put them inside the tile right under the icon and make them the black color you use throughout the akin.

Nice work on using arrows in the movie and TV show icon library view. That was a nice touch.

I love how you did the notification pop ups. Way less distracting then the method used in artic zephyr.

I also like how if I move in the movie TV show views you change the header to the alphabet letter of where I'm at I the library. It would be nice if this happens sooner as it through me off and I thought it was a glitch when it only showed the same few letters at the end of the alphabet every time I triggered it

I'll keep playing with it and reporting back
Eminence is my favorite skin running on Isengard, by far. I just love it for my remote-control-based HTPCs. The hubs and customization of these is just awesome, and the UI look'n'feel I just love!!

I just seem to be unable to make it work well on tablets. Some zones are too small to be touch-clicked, or swiped. And the various lists (ex: movie list) aren't scrollable with a swipe, which renders the UI not tablet-friendly.

Is supporting tablets an objective of Eminence 2.0? is there a change to get tablet support?
oh!!!

after reading those post a second time, now I overstand.

the word "faded" was throwing me off.
i was thinking opacity levels
Pages: 1 2