Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there any way to filter a library to just show a folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My movie collection is split across 2 directories.. "Library" and "To Watch"

However, in Kodi, all of the movies are mixed together into one long list (which is fine)

But when I want to watch something from my "To Watch" folder, but I havn't decided what, have to go into the VIDEO -> FILE view and then drill down into my "To Watch" folder.. But I don't get the 'rating' or any of the other nice info that I get in the Library view so I have to look up each movie on IMDB to get an idea what its about.

Is there any kind of "filter" that I could use, to just show my "To Watch" directory?

Jon
Custom home items. Make a smart playlist that filters by path (eg: your "To Watch" folder)
Maybe use video tags (wiki) or favorites (wiki) to mark what you want "to watch" later on?
I thought "Smart Playlists" would be the answer, but i cant get it to work.

I have created a playlist and added a "rule" where "path" is my "to watch" folder.. But when i open the playlist, i get no files.. Just ".." At the top.

I think the issue is that it doesnt "recursivly" include sub-directories.. If i set my path to be a directory WITHIN "To watch" then imsee the movie... But i cant do this to the parent folder..

Am I missing something? Is there a "recursive" checkbox i am overlooking?

Jon

Edit.. I think it i cracked it.. My rule was an "is". I just used "starts with" and now i can see all the files... Looks promising, but i need to do a few more tests.. Cheers
(2015-09-15, 00:53)jweaver Wrote: [ -> ]I thought "Smart Playlists" would be the answer, but i cant get it to work.

I have created a playlist and added a "rule" where "path" is my "to watch" folder.. But when i open the playlist, i get no files.. Just ".." At the top.

I think the issue is that it doesnt "recursivly" include sub-directories.. If i set my path to be a directory WITHIN "To watch" then imsee the movie... But i cant do this to the parent folder..

Am I missing something? Is there a "recursive" checkbox i am overlooking?

Jon

Edit.. I think it i cracked it.. My rule was an "is". I just used "starts with" and now i can see all the files... Looks promising, but i need to do a few more tests.. Cheers

I had trouble with smart playlists recently (still having issues),but yours might be solved by changing your smart playlist:

"path" is my "to watch" folder
to:
"path" contains my "to watch" folder

It doesn't make sense to me either, but my playlist content didn't populate with is but did with contains.
I use 'path' and 'starts with' to point at folder contents (all in sub-folders).
eg one of mine:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Cartoons</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">
<value>smb://192.168.1.2/Toshiba2TB/Video/TV/Cartoons/</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>