Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clone Device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have KODI16 ALPHA2 installed on my phone with an ideal setup with repo's and skin settings etc.

I want to copy that whole setup across to my android tv box MX (GREF18).

I've tried using the XBMC Backup and the SD CARD Wizard but they don't seem to do it properly.

My phone is a Galaxy S6 Edge. Can anyone help please? Huh
TYIA
If the backup add-on doesn't work then you can manually copy the userdata folder (wiki) 's parent folder, the "kodi" folder (as that will contain both userdata and the installed add-ons) over to another device. Normally, it should work just fine on another device, even cross platform, but you might want to double check the System settings afterwards just to be sure.
Thanks for the prompt response.

I can access those folders on my phone and laptop fom my phone, but how do I then import it onto the tv box?
As Ned said, you need to copy those to your TV box.

As for the setup on your tv box, well who knows. Copy them to an SD card, and then put them where the userdata is on the TV box.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata_folder

Your going to have to access the TV box and do some looking yourself to see where it goes, but it might be the same spot where you found it on your phone

Cheers!
Thanks, I'll give it a go and report back :-)