Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, but unsure about HD audio passthrough w/latest 17 ARM nightlies.

I did try SPMC 16.1.2 and it works as well as WeTek Media Player for HD audio, but 3D MVC does NOT work as Koying's chagelog shows (for 16.1.0 anyway). I've asked about this in the SPMC thread in the Android section.
Sorry if this was asked befoere but I want to know how is the performance of the ethernet at 1GB because im planning to relace my CuboxTV and im not sure if worth the trouble.
Thanks
Hugh.
I had no issues w/bitrate test clips up to 200Mbps at the time I last did my review. This over wired SMB.
(2016-03-28, 17:39)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I had no issues w/bitrate test clips up to 200Mbps at the time I last did my review. This over wired SMB.

Thanks. The cubox has a issue or limitation of the imx6 in that aspect.
So I can has a dual boot and works great and is a safe replacement of the CuboxTV?
Thanks Again.
I have no idea about CuboxTV, but WeTek Core works great under Android OS or OpenELEC, and network streaming bandwidth is a non-issue w/either.
I have just received my wetek core yesterday and when plugged in to tv via hdmi by the time i got to the mainscreen it freezed so i restarted it and the same thing. The third try it did not happen so i reseted it and looked for an update. The problem was gone for a lil bit. I installed kodi and all the addons i wanted and while playing some tv shows the screen turned black (it was not the tv) wetek was not responding for like almost a minute and then played back again, it happened twice. After that i switched to netflix app and the same thing. Is the tv size too much for the wetek core? I have a vizio m 4k 55" or any suggestion if i need to adjust something in the wetek? Or bad device?
@moslondon

Please contact WeTek Support and ask for replacement. In mean time just try connecting to other TV to see if that helps.
Guys this Wetek Core have CEC funtion available?
(2016-02-21, 18:21)para-dox Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-21, 08:27)ChristianTroy Wrote: [ -> ]@para-dox
what I suggest is using a modified advancedsettings.xml with increased buffering.

I use this with my Core that is in the living room (and the router in my bedroom), ~5mt distance with 2 brick walls in the middle and have no problems with high bitrate videos too (will take a bit longer to load those videos obviously but it does not buffer during playback) -> http://pastebin.com/raw/7Z0dCMCT

Awesome! And like a noob i'm gonna ask, how do i switch the original file for the modified version? I'm assuming it involves using the an SD card loaded with the file?

So, I have done this. While watching a sports stream, I still get some buffering. But my main issue is that when I try to stream a movie from my PC over wireless (a 10GB file, for example) it takes a huge amount of time to load a really small portion of that same movie. My Core is one room away from the PC and router. Anyone got any ideas?
So after a lot of research I finally bought this as my first android box. Getting delivered tomorrow. I've had a read through some of he thread but there is quite a lot here!

I just wondered if there are any out of the box essentials I need to know (firmware to download, settings to set) before starting to play around.

Many thanks!
(2016-03-29, 19:20)jamesdm Wrote: [ -> ]Guys this Wetek Core have CEC funtion available?

Yes, Android implementation of HDMI-CEC which you can turn on Settings and also in OpenELEC, where you have libcec implementation by gda.
(2016-03-29, 22:25)rich_sea Wrote: [ -> ]So after a lot of research I finally bought this as my first android box. Getting delivered tomorrow. I've had a read through some of he thread but there is quite a lot here!

I just wondered if there are any out of the box essentials I need to know (firmware to download, settings to set) before starting to play around.

Many thanks!

WeTek Core can bebupdated directly from box itself through WeTek WeUpdate app. See forst post of this thread for more info about Kodi related things. For all other settings and setup you can read more at WeTekForums.com
Got my Core yesterday but it had Kodi 15.2 not 16 installed in Android, also no Australian/NZ power point adapter on the power supply. I can't install Kodi 16 on a spare SD card (32GB), fails to complete the Kodi install (however today I will leave it on with blank screen for a couple hours and see if it finishes). Anyway, I'm off to buy an 8GB card now, thinking 32 is not compatible...

I'm a bit surprised how slow the Core boots to Android off the NAND (Compared to an OpenElec NUC) and also that no Netflix app is pre-installed. Need to find that somewhere.
(2016-03-30, 00:48)HomerJau Wrote: [ -> ]Got my Core yesterday but it had Kodi 15.2 not 16 installed in Android, also no Australian/NZ power point adapter on the power supply. I can't install Kodi 16 on a spare SD card (32GB), fails to complete the Kodi install (however today I will leave it on with blank screen for a couple hours and see if it finishes). Anyway, I'm off to buy an 8GB card now, thinking 32 is not compatible...

I'm a bit surprised how slow the Core boots to Android off the NAND (Compared to an OpenElec NUC) and also that no Netflix app is pre-installed. Need to find that somewhere.

Depending on the installed Android version on your Core you may need a uSD card (blank but formatted) to be installed for your first OTA update (initially updates required a uSD card to be present, but an update fixes that) then further OTA updates won't need it.

I just downloaded the Wetek Media Player (which is a fork of Kodi optimised for the Core) from the Wetek forums, within the browser on the Core. Then go into your download folder and click on the apk file and it will install. No need for an external card. (A USB keyboard and mouse helps navigate the browser - I use an RF keyboard+touchpad I also use on other boxes when I need to do this)

Netflix, Spotify etc. should be in the Google Play apps store (possibly only if they offer it in your territory). That's how I got Netflix running on my Core.
Thanks noggin!