Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-19, 20:34)Macbook Pro Wrote: [ -> ]Now we olny need the Wetek Core back in Stock [WHITE SMILING FACE]️
No kidding. Been waiting over a month to buy one.
(2016-02-19, 22:10)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-19, 20:34)Macbook Pro Wrote: [ -> ]Now we olny need the Wetek Core back in Stock [WHITE SMILING FACE]️
No kidding. Been waiting over a month to buy one.

Me too Smile
Me 3!
I did the update then suddenly my remote stopped working, i can only get it to work using airmouse, how do i solve this?
Check batteries, if mouse is working anything else transmitted over RF should be working as well. WeTek Core RCU have IR and RF. Only button that use IR is Power button while all other buttons are RF.
(2016-02-19, 23:52)droidelec Wrote: [ -> ]Check batteries, if mouse is working anything else transmitted over RF should be working as well. WeTek Core RCU have IR and RF. Only button that use IR is Power button while all other buttons are RF.

it's not the batteries, the remote works when airmouse is on, even the buttons that don't work when airmouse is off
Strange, but better ask at WeTek forum or contact support.
I decided to run an 10-bit HEVC / 720p decode experiment with my latest personal compile of OE 6.95.9 / Kodi Jarvis RC4 on the Core.

Setup:
- amcodec hardware acceleration disabled (So ffmpeg Software decoding)
- Dynamic refresh switching enabled
- Sync playback to display enabled
- Using a low bitrate 10-bit 720p AAC 2.0 Audio HEVC Webrip (still pretty decent quality actually)
- Performance mode enabled CPU Governor:
Code:
echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Results:
- Yes 10-bit content does ffmpeg Software decode and gets output as 8-bit, with the CPU's jumping between 40-80%
- Coloring is good with no blockiness, decoding is just fine.
- Slight stuttering, fixed with the TV's motion smoothing on, audio slightly out of sync and I needed to adjust.
- Pullup Correction occurring, shown in the OSD Codec window. (PC), this is likely the cause of the slight stuttering.
- This is right on the edge so far as 10-bit ffmpeg software decoding goes, 1080p 10-bit HEVC decoding would be out of the question.

Conclusion:
Surprisingly very watchable, more testing to be done.

I will have to see how optimised v2.8.6 ffmpeg is for 10-bit Software decoding.
There may be improvements that can be made during the Cross compile process.

BTW: Re-edit of page #1 for a big update and tidyup ! Smile
Wonder if there is any scope for GPU (not VPU) assistance as the Pi 2 is using to get HEVC decode working on the Pi 2 (not sure if that is limited to 8 bit though). They are reporting reasonable results with 1080p at relatively low bitrates. If the Core could use GPU (not VPU) assistance for 10 bit decode that might (or might not) speed things up?
Possibly if some clever coder knew what they were doing.
I mean the S812-H in the Core has an 8 Core GPU that is actually more powerful than the 5 Core one in the S905 for 3D duties.

I doubt AML would even look at it for legacy SoC's as they would want to sell more S9xx 10-bit Hardware.
(2016-02-20, 13:23)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly if some clever coder knew what they were doing.
I mean the S812-H in the Core has an 8 Core GPU that is actually more powerful than the 5 Core one in the S905 for 3D duties.

I doubt AML would even look at it for legacy SoC's as they would want to sell more S9xx 10-bit Hardware.

I guess that's the fundamental difference between AMLogic and Broadcom platforms. AMLogic are looking at shifting newer boxes, the Broadcom/Raspberry Pi devs instead looking at making the most of the existing platforms. Kodi also massively benefits from having developers very close to the Pi Foundation, itself very close to Broadcom.
(2016-02-19, 22:37)schweppy Wrote: [ -> ]Me 3!
They are in stock on egay Smile
(2016-02-19, 20:05)droidelec Wrote: [ -> ]We started seeding over OTA new version of WeTek OS 1.1.2 for WeTek Core with these changes:

- Added dual boot. On WeTek Core splash screen press power key to boot from Internal storage or microSD card.

Note: The OTA should do it automatically but, in case it fails to perform this task, you will see a message: "Clearing U-Boot env at next boot" once the WeTek boots to Android. If at the next boot, the WeTek goes to recovery mode, please don't worry, just press "Reboot Now" on the already highlighted reboot entry to go back to Android/OpenELEC.

- Added WeTek Media Player v2 based on Kodi 16.0rc3 Jarvis build with fully working HD Audio passthrough (Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master)

- Various fixes in Android and Kernel.

How to use boot menu to boot from Internal storage or microSD card, without need to remove microSD with OpenELEC on it:

@wrxtasy

Always Big Grin

Thank You for this update... Eveything works like a charm! Dual boot is a great function for people with two systems.
Sad It is wierd. Not everything works now. Before I try DTS-HD with KODI for Wetek and it works. Now it doesn't Sad On new Wetek Core Media player also doesn't work. My Pioneer ampli sess the signal for 2 second and DTS-HD logo dissapears and there is no sound. I have amcodec disabled. I don't know what is a reason of this situation Sad But thank You for dual boot!Smile It is more important for me.
(2016-02-20, 16:52)bmseven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-19, 22:37)schweppy Wrote: [ -> ]Me 3!
They are in stock on egay Smile

Haha yeh but I've had name on reserve list for so long I may as well just wait now lol.