Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-07, 08:13)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-07, 07:28)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, there is a confusion between framepacking/mvc/sbs.

Frame packing is a way to transfer 3d over HDMI to the tv. I don't know any box doing this (maybe the rpi2,not sure)

What we are speaking about here is decoding of MVC (a codec) from 3d iso to sbs, which another way to transfer 3d to the tv.

I understand this box properly decodes MVC to sbs, so you should be able to manually set your TV in 3d sbs mode. It did on my previous Samsung, not so much on my current Sony though.

All that's needed here is a way for the box to tell the TV that what it's sending is 3d sbs, which is no black magic.
Works the same way in Kodi for aml for any sbs encoded 3d file.
I said:"Now Completed the two way 1080P decoding",It mean 3D ISO MVC decoding is ok.If I don't have a mistake,the rpi2's 3D function is based on zidoo source.
Maybe they think the output must be 1920*2160 for framepacked is true 3D.
I'm stupid,I thought the other box have done that in kodi.

Mirror, why dont you answer my question.

Why did you say it supported 3d iso if it doesnt? Didnt test it?
(2015-10-07, 08:25)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]HDMI 1.4a 3D standard is 1920x2205 (there is an active blanking space that separates the frames) for frame packed 3D output (full high def. 3D). I believe the players listed in the 3D thread all output frame packed 3D - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956377

As I said, to the best of my knowledge, no android box does frame-packing.
RPI2 is linux only.

I highly doubt the zidoo can do more than HSBS decoding of MVC, really, which is plain 1080p with left-right images side-by-side in 2x 960x1080.
Same goes for any android box on the market.
(2015-10-07, 09:36)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-07, 08:25)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]HDMI 1.4a 3D standard is 1920x2205 (there is an active blanking space that separates the frames) for frame packed 3D output (full high def. 3D). I believe the players listed in the 3D thread all output frame packed 3D - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956377

RPI2 is linux only.

I highly doubt the zidoo can do more than HSBS decoding of MVC, really, which is plain 1080p with left-right images side-by-side in 2x 960x1080.

If i am not wrong,all the box listed here support Frame-packed 3D Frame-packed 3D

Himedia Q5,Q10
VidOn Box
RealTek 1195 Boxes Zapitti
Etc....

Video of Frame-packed 3D from my Android VidOn Box,with my projector,the image turn red when 3D frame-packed is movie is playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLn71_Q8n4

Unless if i don't understand the meaning of frame-packingHuh

RPI2 is linux only.

How come himedia Q5/M3 can then?
(2015-10-07, 09:50)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]

RPI2 is linux only.

If i am not wrong,all the box listed here support Frame-packed 3D Frame-packed 3D

Himedia Q5,Q10
VidOn Box
Etc....

I know,ZIDOO X9 support it too.but in native player.not kodi
Anywhere,we'll try to solve it via kodi.
(2015-10-07, 08:52)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-07, 08:13)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-07, 07:28)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, there is a confusion between framepacking/mvc/sbs.

Frame packing is a way to transfer 3d over HDMI to the tv. I don't know any box doing this (maybe the rpi2,not sure)

What we are speaking about here is decoding of MVC (a codec) from 3d iso to sbs, which another way to transfer 3d to the tv.

I understand this box properly decodes MVC to sbs, so you should be able to manually set your TV in 3d sbs mode. It did on my previous Samsung, not so much on my current Sony though.

All that's needed here is a way for the box to tell the TV that what it's sending is 3d sbs, which is no black magic.
Works the same way in Kodi for aml for any sbs encoded 3d file.
I said:"Now Completed the two way 1080P decoding",It mean 3D ISO MVC decoding is ok.If I don't have a mistake,the rpi2's 3D function is based on zidoo source.

We completed 3D MVC ISO decoding in kodi,and tested it in some TV,such as LETV 50',It will be auto switch 3D mode.But there is some ambiguity now.As i said:we'll try to solve it via kodi.
(2015-10-07, 09:58)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-07, 09:50)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-07, 09:36)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, to the best of my knowledge, no android box does frame-packing.
RPI2 is linux only.

Himedia Q5,Q10
VidOn Box
Etc....

I know,ZIDOO X9 support it too.but in native player.not kodi
Anywhere,we'll try to solve it via kodi.

Some tests here, said that it doesnt even work with the native player..
(2015-10-07, 10:01)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-07, 08:52)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-07, 08:13)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]I said:"Now Completed the two way 1080P decoding",It mean 3D ISO MVC decoding is ok.If I don't have a mistake,the rpi2's 3D function is based on zidoo source.

We completed 3D MVC ISO decoding in kodi,and tested it in some TV,such as LETV 50',It will be auto switch 3D mode.But there is some ambiguity now.As i said:we'll try to solve it via kodi.

If there is any pre-release beta firmware or software i am willing to test to clear out this confusion.

RPI2 is linux only.

^^^^ this

I had an error in last Avengers Age of ultron (physical disc rental) , the menu 3D (language, subtitles, play etc ) had resolution of 1920x2205 and the TV signal drops ending with just black screen...

Probably a mastering error but this proves that HSBS is the way for 1080p TVs.
After Koying's posts, I'm confused. Aren't we getting full 3D to our 3D displays even if the MVC signal is decoded by RPi2, Q5, whatever to SBS, then being reassembled as frame-packed when it reaches our 3D displays? I thought we were getting full SBS via decoding, not half SBS.

If not, then none of the players in my 3D players chart/thread, maybe not even RPi2, support full 3D (2x 1080p images, left and right eye) as done by 3D Blu-ray players. What about non-Kodi players like Mede8er X3D series and Popcorn Hour A-400 series I wonder?
(2015-10-07, 13:47)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]After Koying's posts, I'm confused. Aren't we getting full 3D to our 3D displays even if the MVC signal is decoded by RPi2, Q5, whatever to SBS, then being reassembled as frame-packed when it reaches our 3D displays? I thought we were getting full SBS via decoding, not half SBS.

If not, then none of the players in my 3D players chart/thread, maybe not even RPi2, support full 3D (2x 1080p images, left and right eye) as done by 3D Blu-ray players. What about non-Kodi players like Mede8er X3D series and Popcorn Hour A-400 series I wonder?

I am very confuse about Koying postHuh

I hope someone can share a light on this.
(2015-10-06, 22:17)Ddevries Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, any findings on 2D picture quality? I'm currently using a 2011 WDTV Live, but recently it has developed some stability issues. Do these devices have similar picture quality? I just ordered an X6 because I really want to try out Kodi and I like the promise of compatibility with a Logitech Harmony remote (which I use). I do own a 3D hd tv, but my surround receiver isn't capable of passing through 3D. So my main focus will be on 2D material...

I've reviewed this entire thread and appreciate all the input everyone has contributed as well as being "brave" enough to buy the Zidoo x6 pro on faith.

I am retiring my WDTV Live units I have across the house, 5 of them. They have all been acting "flakey" here in the past 2 months (running out of memory, etc), even a brand new one I bought on clearance at Staples.

I purchased an Element Ti4 (AmLogic 812) unit from Amazon and it did not hold up to advertised expectations. I returned it to Amazon and am now on the "hunt" for a replacement.

I am very much like Ddevries, I am really only interested in 2D content, BUT really need/want 7.1 audio passthrough (What the Element Ti4 would NOT do) to my Onkyo receiver, and network streaming from NAS boxes.

Seeing many of you already have a HiMedia Q5 unit and are debating the Zidoo x6 Pro unit. Unlike WD, (that dropped support for their media boxes like a hot potato), I am looking for a well supported (firmware updates, active forums, etc) media player that will do the small number of items I really need it to do.

I have reviewed the updated (Oct 6 version) comparison chart, but still would like personal experience recommendations from HiMedia and Zidoo users as to what player would be best for my requirements.

Thank you in advance!
Since you're only interested in 2D content, I'd suggest one of these:
- ASUS Chromebox w/OpenELEC installation (Very reliable, pure Kodi box; excellent support by Matt)
- nVidia Shield Android TV (HD audio passthrough should be added soon; very good support by nVidia and Kodi devs)
And for 3d?
(2015-10-07, 16:09)langostino Wrote: [ -> ]And for 3d?

If you read @hdmkv chart

Your best option for now is RPI2 and Himedia Q5

Until we find more information about the Zidoo X6 3D support.