Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Is it better picture quality in himedia q5 box?
[/quote]

I don't have a himedia q5. My picture quality scores would be something like this:

Oppo 93 = 9.5/10

Netgear NeoTV 500 (Sigma 8642 chip) = 9.3/10

Zidoo x6 = 7.5

Like I said previously. This is on all default settings ( I did adjust resolution to match my projector (Sony ES55)). And I still have not tested playing bluray files inside Kodi....will do it tonight.
[/quote]

Oppo is well know for pq

And also sigma, especially vxp enabled chip

Did you ever try any other hw solution with kodi ? (beside windows version with madvr )
(2015-10-13, 21:34)Eltax1693 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, please chill out. Give them time to fix it.

Time is MoneyCool
People are canceling their orders because the promise features are not working.
They had a good start and i hope it continuous,so this will be the best FP 3D media player to buy.
This is all about Marketing 101.
- Don't make promises and set dates, a simple "Yes we are working on it"
- Weekly or Monthly progress reports, and don't give to much detail, again don't set a time frame.
- Surprise end users with an out of the blue "Fix" that will keep them happy.
- Don't make promises, and then break them down the track and let users down. This WILL get the community pissed off.
VidON, who were even a Kodi Sponsor at the time did this previously and it did not end very well at all in the end.

And for potential purchasers:
- Never buy the First version of Anything, doubly especially anything Android. Particularly from a Company that has no track record with Kodi here on the forums before and is an unknown name to the community.
- Don't get seduced by a flashy website or a long list of impressive Tech Specs.
- Don't buy Hardware based on promises, unless you are purchasing from a Kodi friendly Company with lots and lots and lots of resources like NVIDIA or the RPi Foundation with its massive community support.

And 3D really is a Marketing con, unless you are willing to get a HD Widescreen Projector to really yourself Immerse into the picture. Even a 55" TV is not going to cut it unless you sit extremely close.
Well said... been there, done that with countless manufacturers & their boxes.
No update? Shame on zidoo!
(2015-10-14, 11:40)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]No update? Shame on zidoo!

From Official Zidoo forum (by mirror):
"We're having a final test, we don't want to release a problem version with it.
It will be released soon."
I know I have a promise that release a FW version on couple days, a lot of codes need to update and it takes a long time to test. Besides, we are developing for 3D framepacking and optimize 23.976. I plan to release a big FW version after our engineers have finished this part. However, in term of current situation, we will release a version today.This version will fix some basic bug and Optimize the HDMI adaptation problem when playing 4K 60Hz in kodi,Modify the buffer strategy of underlying decoder.
please trust us, we are always doing our job.
(2015-10-13, 21:34)Eltax1693 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, please chill out. Give them time to fix it.

I agree.

Some of the comments of frustration on here are not really warranted when you take into account previous history when it comes to Android boxes and Kodi, particularly when it comes to Rockchip SOC's.

To be fair to Zidoo, they are showing that they are at least one vendor that is listening and makes regular updates to fix bugs and any Tronsmart, Beelink etc users will know, Zidoo's efforts far outstrip the support given by these more established names.

On the other side of the coin, when products are released, their abilities should match the marketing behind it.

As I have pointed out to Zidoo and other before, there is a very easy solution to the problems that people find and that is for the manufacturers and vendors to have a very specific and stringent testing regime in place in advance of production and shipping of any product.

There is already enough available content to test, peripherals to try and existing comments on all manner of forums to point vendors in the direction of just how such products are going to be used.

I would rather a vendor say that X and Y doesn't work out of the box in advance, so that I know what I am purchasing, with any side notes to say what may be possible in terms of solutions that may well make X and Y possible at a future date.

Anybody that has bought any Android box before will already know that there have always been great deficiencies, most of which are generally solved by Devs that put in work without reward to produce Custom ROM's.

Unfortunately, far too many people still line up to purchase the next product from vendors that have already sold them deficient products before and so to some extent they themselves buy into the concept of parting with their money for something that they only hope may work as marketed.

Unless people stop doing this then they will continue to create a vicious circle of disappointment for which they are partly responsible.

So perhaps now that we are seeing a vendor that is willing to make things happen, albeit not from day 1 at present, a little slack could be given to enable them to do so without undue pressure trying to force them to produce firmware that has partial fixes or introduces more bugs because of such over pressure.

At the same time, Zidoo should now be in a position to know exactly what to do in advance when they produce their next big thing.

The rules that the Chinese work to are not the same stringent ons that we may expect in our parts of the world but then we also have to accept that if they did then we may well be paying a greater price for what we want.

Perspective is needed.
Very well said BlluesmanUK. I am one of the guilty ones. Each time I purchase a product from Tronsmart, I swear I will NEVER purchase another one from them, but still do. Same for Rockchip, I have very little respect for them, but have several boxes/sticks with that SoC and still purchasing more devices with their Soc.

I have no idea why I keep purchasing them, truly an addiction on my part, they pretty much do all I want for now, but still lookiing for that elusive holy grail (at a very reasonable price). I have never really formulated in my mind what a holy grail would look like, maybe that is part of my addiction to these inexpensive Android boxes.

The dev's have created some fantastic roms for these boxes, OpenELEC work great on them so does Linux. Even my little $35 MK808B Plus (Amlogic S805) is such a powerful little machine, it runs OpenELEC ( thanks to Kszaq) and dual boots into Linux, Ubuntu Mate 15.04.
From Zidoo forum

Quote:Model: ZIDOO_X6 Pro
FW Version: v1.0.16

1.Add closing process prompt for task bar
2.Solve issue that no focus when entering into task bar for the first time.
3.Solve issue that no focus through left/right button to close process after entering task bar
4.Optimize the display of date and time(e.g.09:25 change into 9:25)
5.Add phone remote control on navigation default software
6.Add Vietnamese support on UI
7.In all apps,select system application and press menu button, to remove uninstall option
8.Optimize the wrong display path issue on system player
9.Add airplay(ios < 8.02,It will be support ios 9.0 in next vervion)
10.Solve explorer can't find the USB device
11、Optimize the HDMI adaptation problem when playing 4K 60Hz.
12、Modify the buffer strategy of underlying decoder, and optimize related

This is a beta version, welcome anybody to feedback issus
OTA zip file:
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/zidoo_x6/ZIDOO_X6%...16_ota.zip

How to upgrade: http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/02/how-to-upgr...-firmware/
@mirror

3D FP/23.976 beta test for Kodi Forum members?
(2015-10-14, 13:13)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-14, 13:02)couto27 Wrote: [ -> ]From Zidoo forum

Quote:Model: ZIDOO_X6 Pro
FW Version: v1.0.16

1.Add closing process prompt for task bar
2.Solve issue that no focus when entering into task bar for the first time.
3.Solve issue that no focus through left/right button to close process after entering task bar
4.Optimize the display of date and time(e.g.09:25 change into 9:25)
5.Add phone remote control on navigation default software
6.Add Vietnamese support on UI
7.In all apps,select system application and press menu button, to remove uninstall option
8.Optimize the wrong display path issue on system player
9.Add airplay(ios < 8.02,It will be support ios 9.0 in next vervion)
10.Solve explorer can't find the USB device
11、Optimize the HDMI adaptation problem when playing 4K 60Hz.
12、Modify the buffer strategy of underlying decoder, and optimize related

How to upgrade: http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/02/how-to-upgr...-firmware/
New firmware v1.0.16

Can I update from OTA?
This release firmware is a waist of time.
When Zidoo release their source code, it took less than 2 days for RPi team to implement their source code into RPi2 to get 3D framepacked to work.
What is causing the delay?
(2015-10-14, 19:56)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]This release firmware is a waist of time.
When Zidoo release their source code, it took less than 2 days for RPi team to implement their source code into RPi2 to get 3D framepacked to work.
What is causing the delay?

Maybe its harder work to make then they tought..
The new update didnt work for me. nothing changed in my perspective and my problems. Still "ehernet" and not "ethernet". and the same problem with kodi exits after done with movie.