Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been playing around with my X6 with FW 1.0.22 and I must say that I like what I see. 2D playback seems fine now in this firmware, without the artefacts I noticed in the previous one (1.0.18?). HD audio passthrough works too. I'm a first time Kodi user (coming from a WD TV Live) and it is fun to work with.

There are, however, some issues I have come across in my setup (X6 Pro > Onkyo TX-SR507 > Sony KDL50W829, all connected via HDMI):
- Different audio delays with different video files (ranging from +200ms to + 550ms). Haven't read about this before...?
- Lack of discrete buttons in Kodi (pause, stop, subs, audio, FF, FR, etc.). I'm using the X9 profile in my Logitech Harmony. Couldn't find the X6 yet?
- Two-step power down is not something I want in combination with my Harmony remote switching between activities. Off should be off IMO.
- Succesfully tried the android app XBMC Launcher, but couldn't get into Android after reboot with this app. Had to assign the pre-installed app manager to one of the programmable buttons on the Zidoo remote and with that uninstall the XBMC Launcher app. It then booted normally again. Is there a better/smarter way to get Kodi after boot but still be able to switch to android interface after that?

Maybe someone can give me some advice on these issues? Thanks in advance!
(2015-11-12, 10:49)Ddevries Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've been playing around with my X6 with FW 1.0.22 and I must say that I like what I see. 2D playback seems fine now in this firmware, without the artefacts I noticed in the previous one (1.0.18?). HD audio passthrough works too. I'm a first time Kodi user (coming from a WD TV Live) and it is fun to work with.

There are, however, some issues I have come across in my setup (X6 Pro > Onkyo TX-SR507 > Sony KDL50W829, all connected via HDMI):
- Different audio delays with different video files (ranging from +200ms to + 550ms). Haven't read about this before...?
- Lack of discrete buttons in Kodi (pause, stop, subs, audio, FF, FR, etc.). I'm using the X9 profile in my Logitech Harmony. Couldn't find the X6 yet?
- Two-step power down is not something I want in combination with my Harmony remote switching between activities. Off should be off IMO.
- Succesfully tried the android app XBMC Launcher, but couldn't get into Android after reboot with this app. Had to assign the pre-installed app manager to one of the programmable buttons on the Zidoo remote and with that uninstall the XBMC Launcher app. It then booted normally again. Is there a better/smarter way to get Kodi after boot but still be able to switch to android interface after that?

You can find the kodi icon in apps page.then press menu.switch "launch on startup" on pop window.
You will get "to get Kodi after boot but still be able to switch to android interface after that"
(2015-11-12, 10:49)Ddevries Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've been playing around with my X6 with FW 1.0.22 and I must say that I like what I see. 2D playback seems fine now in this firmware, without the artefacts I noticed in the previous one (1.0.18?). HD audio passthrough works too. I'm a first time Kodi user (coming from a WD TV Live) and it is fun to work with.

The two step shutdown was annoying so I spoke to logitech and asked them to change the power button timing. They can make the power button be pressed for 3 seconds this will shutdown the zidoo with 1 button press mine now works a charm

I have also noted the sync issues with different video files Mpeg 2 is way out I have told zidoo on their forum and they say!! they are working on it. By the way Mpeg2 files play fine with the zidoo player
(2015-11-12, 07:50)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-12, 06:16)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Every body:

We had updated our kodi to 15.2 and release the source code to github.

Every one could get the code from here:
https://github.com/zidootech/zidoo-kodi-15.2

Have fun!

Hi

Don't you need a new ffmpeg patch also for Kodi or does it work without it?
The old ffmpeg patch doesn't work on the new 2.8.0-Jarvis-alpha3-HEVC ffmpeg.
You have to revert this commit and change back to the old 2.6.4-Isengard ffmpeg to compile correctly.

tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/FFMPEG-VERSION 100644 → 100755
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
LIBNAME=ffmpeg
BASE_URL=https://github.com/xbmc/FFmpeg/archive
-VERSION=2.6.4-Isengard
+VERSION=2.8.0-Jarvis-alpha3-HEVC
ARCHIVE=$(LIBNAME)-$(VERSION).tar.gz

Compile error
Anyone have a solution?

CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/RKCodec.o
RKCodec.cpp: In member function 'bool CRKCodec::OpenDecoder(CDVDStreamInfo&)':
RKCodec.cpp:181:53: error: 'AV_CODEC_ID_H264MVC' was not declared in this scope
m_info.mvc3d = m_bMVC3D = (hints.codec_tag == AV_CODEC_ID_H264MVC ? true : false);
^
RKCodec.cpp: In member function 'void CRKCodec::CheckVideoRate(CDVDStreamInfo&)':
RKCodec.cpp:232:60: warning: format '%f' expects argument of type 'double', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, " CRKCodec::video rate %f",video_rate);
^
RKCodec.cpp: In member function 'virtual void CRKCodec:Tonguerocess()':
RKCodec.cpp:458:1: warning: label 'SLEEP' defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
SLEEP:
^
make[1]: *** [RKCodec.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Video.a] Error 2

Have fun!

Hi

You have to revert this commit and change back to the old 2.6.4-Isengard ffmpeg to compile correctly.

@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
LIBNAME=ffmpeg
-VERSION=2.6.4-Isengard

Hi:

The patch is same as branch 15.1, you need to apply it by manual.
And i commited the patch to 15.2. Please pull again.

Thanks
(2015-11-12, 19:26)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]

Have fun!

Hi

@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
LIBNAME=ffmpeg
-VERSION=2.6.4-Isengard

Compile error
Anyone have a solution?

m_info.mvc3d = m_bMVC3D = (hints.codec_tag == AV_CODEC_ID_H264MVC ? true : false);
^
RKCodec.cpp: In member function 'void CRKCodec::CheckVideoRate(CDVDStreamInfo&)':
RKCodec.cpp:232:60: warning: format '%f' expects argument of type 'double', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
^
SLEEP:
^

Please apply the ffmpeg patch. I commited it a moment a ago. please pull again.

Thanks
(2015-11-13, 11:17)dylan_zd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-12, 19:26)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-12, 07:50)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
LIBNAME=ffmpeg
-VERSION=2.6.4-Isengard

Compile error
Anyone have a solution?

^
^
SLEEP:
^

Please apply the ffmpeg patch. I commited it a moment a ago. please pull again.

Thanks

I managed to get it working Smile
Ok it time for Zidoo to decide what they are expecting from this media player,it this device is a beta device for something better to come,they should lets us know.
Install the latest firmware and i don't see any progress.

Still No Audio ( unless you switch the Audio selection in Kodi OSD)
3D playback starts in the middle of the movie
3D playback has green pixelation and microblocks

1.0.22 had better 3D Depth and now with 1.0.23 not so much.
Original firmware of the device 1.0.15 and now we at the 1.0.23,almost 8 revision and still at the same point.
(2015-11-17, 05:55)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok it time for Zidoo to decide what they are expecting from this media player,it this device is a beta device for something better to come,they should lets us know.

Original firmware of the device 1.0.15 and now we at the 1.0.23,almost 8 revision and still at the same point.

try with zidoo native player and you wont have issues i bet
Zidoo and kodi is as speaking not equal good as native.. thatswhy i sold my copy
(2015-11-17, 10:16)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-17, 05:55)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok it time for Zidoo to decide what they are expecting from this media player,it this device is a beta device for something better to come,they should lets us know.

try with zidoo native player and you wont have issues i bet
Zidoo and kodi is as speaking not equal good as native.. thatswhy i sold my copy

If the company is in USA, I would've sue them.

Clearly this product is not ready for prime time and they released it.

Now we are doing beta testing for them? Never again to buy another product from these guys.
So zidoo still haven't got this x6 player fixed yet. Shocking, I'm so glad I cancelled mine.

I think this should be a clear reminder to all, avoid these rubbish cheap android boxes with no support.

I would go as far and say zidoo should be blacklisted or banned from here for such outrageous false advertising.
(2015-10-22, 15:48)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes unfortunately the gullible newbies get caught unawares and suckered in with false promises and flashy advertising.

With that in mind I'm actually pretty concerned that a Zidoo developer or Company representative (I think I have that correct) has started this thread with bold claims made in the very thread title that we know are not true. The device is still in the Alpha testing Firmware phase for god sake, and Zidoo are actually using the Kodi logo for their advertising.

I really think this thread should be closed down and someone totally independant like hdmv start a new one with a list of features working and not working, that is updated on the first page ?

We have all seen how pear shaped and angry the VidOn thread ended up getting. I'm only asking this in the interests of Kodi end users and potential purchasers ?
(2015-12-08, 18:46)Mylo75 Wrote: [ -> ]So zidoo still haven't got this x6 player fixed yet. Shocking, I'm so glad I cancelled mine.

I think this should be a clear reminder to all, avoid these rubbish cheap android boxes with no support.

I would go as far and say zidoo should be blacklisted or banned from here for such outrageous false advertising.

Not completely fixed but some stuff are working.
3D Framepacking is working
Audio is out of sync(unless you do the Audio Stream change)

And now they are working on new Hardware S905 Amologic Device.
(2015-12-08, 20:22)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-08, 18:46)Mylo75 Wrote: [ -> ]So zidoo still haven't got this x6 player fixed yet. Shocking, I'm so glad I cancelled mine.

You should hear yourself: some stuff are working

lol

glad i sold mine too
Advice: stay away from zidoo
(2015-12-08, 20:31)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-08, 20:22)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]

You should hear yourself: some stuff are working

lol

glad i sold mine too
Advice: stay away from zidoo

I agree, but i don't think they should be disrespected,they the only company that has provided the Kodi forum with source code for 3D MVC playback.
And this will probably help the future hardware manufactures to implement 3D MVC with Kodi.