Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV no Pictures via DLNA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Synology DS212j setup as a DLNA server, with the usual photos, videos and music shared. I use a multitude of DLNA clients to access the pictures, and all work with the exception of the Kodi Android TV client.

I can browse the picture folders, and see the list of names of the jpeg image files. However, I get neither thumbnails nor the actual picture displayed once it is selected. All photos are jpegs. Clicking "info" about the selected picture yields an image size of 0 bytes.

In the Synology logs, I see the following exception logged regardless of the jpeg which is selected:
Sep 15 20:47:06 DiskStation postgres[19913]: [4-1] ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "folder" at character 41

None of my other DLNA clients log such exceptions.

I have setup the Kodi client within Synology's Media Server with the XBMC profile, but I've tried other profiles as well, and the result remains the same.

Oddly enough, browsing music off of the same Synology as a DLNA source works fine, including pulling up the album art which are all jpeg format.

Kodi is installed and running on an nVidia Shield Android TV 16GB console. Kodi is version 15.1. I have not installed any Photo add-ons.

Thanks for any clues/insights into why this may not be working as expected.
picture sharing over UPNP isn't implemented; just viewing.
Viewing is what is being attempted.
Digging a bit further, I found that there is a feature for browsing SMB shares, so I decided to try this since my Synology does expose Pictures via SMB. When I tried to add an SMB source, it doesn't work, instead I get the following response:

"Error 2: share not available"

So as it stands, I have no way of viewing my photos using Kodi.