Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin.arctic.zephyr.braz (updated for Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2015-11-29, 00:23)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:20)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:17)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: [ -> ]I updated, but what I mean is, the solid highlight bit when you move through the menu. Previously only had the text highlighted in terms of colour. But in the images it has a nice solid colour block around the text.
Yeah, this is automatic, if you updated correctly you should be seeing it.
Hmm strange then. The icons and sub menu has definitely taken effect, but not that bit. Let me try again

you may have activated the transparent menu bar in settings... not in front of pc, but I'm fairly sure there is a setting for this.
(2015-11-29, 00:24)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:23)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:20)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, this is automatic, if you updated correctly you should be seeing it.
Hmm strange then. The icons and sub menu has definitely taken effect, but not that bit. Let me try again

you may have activated the transparent menu bar in settings... not in front of pc, but I'm fairly sure there is a setting for this.
Looking but don't see it. The bit where the icons is there with the sub menu, that is fine. But not the solid block as seen in the images.
For those of you wondering why I haven't been updating this mod as much lately...too much time playing games now. Smile Finally set them up in Advanced Launcher.

(2015-11-29, 00:27)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:24)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:23)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm strange then. The icons and sub menu has definitely taken effect, but not that bit. Let me try again

Looking but don't see it. The bit where the icons is there with the sub menu, that is fine. But not the solid block as seen in the images.

sorry my mistake... was thinking of another skin. not sure what your issue is, I've just downloaded braz's latest GIT push and it's working fine
(2015-11-29, 01:29)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:27)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:24)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]you may have activated the transparent menu bar in settings... not in front of pc, but I'm fairly sure there is a setting for this.

sorry my mistake... was thinking of another skin. not sure what your issue is, I've just downloaded braz's latest GIT push and it's working fine
It's not a big issue. Basically I'm not seeing the text highlighted in the blue box as seen in Braz post number 310.

Only my text is highlighted on the menu bar. So instead of the blue box wrapping around the text, it's just the actual text highlighted.

The horizontal sub menu with icon changes works fine. But as said, it's just something I noticed, and was wondering if there was an option in settings to change that
@Isgak

There's definitely something wrong with your install if you see the focused menu item in the highlight color. That code no longer exists on github.
(2015-11-29, 01:50)braz Wrote: [ -> ]@Isgak

There's definitely something wrong with your install if you see the focused menu item in the highlight color. That code no longer exists on github.
Should I Uninstall and reinstall the mod perhaps?

Can you perhaps link me to the latest github version of the mod?
Posted the github link in post #311. Just click the Download Zip button to get the latest version.

When I manually update an addon from github I manually extract the files to the appropriate location. No idea what might be happening if you do it a different way.
(2015-11-29, 02:14)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Posted the github link in post #311. Just click the Download Zip button to get the latest version.

When I manually update an addon from github I manually extract the files to the appropriate location. No idea what might be happening if you do it a different way.
Got it sorted thanks. Smile
has something changed with widgets in the past week or so? I occasionally update this skin from git and after doing so last night realized that the widgets were not scrolling and were set to poster view. I can't find any setting to change anything other than the aspect ratio of the widget icon from poster to square or landscape. I tried re-installing skin helper, skin shortcuts, and a new pull from git this morning and started over re-writing all my settings, but I still see no option to change this.

Previously, as an example, let's say I was on Movies. Just having Movies highlighted would have the fanart of my most recent movies occasionally scrolling in the background. If I pressed up it would lock on that movie and bring up the other information about it in a little card and I could play from there. For TV shows it was "next up", and would work the same way, but with the next episodes of recently watched tv shows ready to be selected with their fanart scrolling.

Now, when I'm on Movies, just my most recent 1 movie's fanart is the background, and it will stay that way forever. If I press up, the widget expands and I see all the posters of my recent movies, and I can scroll through myself to change the background fanart. Closing the widget keeps whatever film I was last on. This also stays across widgets, so if open the movie widget, scroll to the third in the list and close the widget, the third item in TV shows will also be displayed. Changing the selected item in TV shows changes the movies widget as well.

So anyway I've just noticed those pretty big changes for widgets lately, and was wondering if I was missing a setting somewhere, if it's in a transitional period and I'll get these old options back soon, or if I'm stuck with non-rotating widgets now.

Thanks otherwise for an amazing skin! love it and it remains my #1 skin of choice, by far. Thanks so much for the work you're putting into it.
I removed the "featured" home layout, so now the options are horizontal and vertical. No plans to bring featured back, still contemplating an alternative home layout.
(2015-11-29, 18:21)braz Wrote: [ -> ]I removed the "featured" home layout, so now the options are horizontal and vertical. No plans to bring featured back, still contemplating an alternative home layout.
Any reasons for removing featured? That's a quality home layout Sad
Simply because I don't use that layout. As stated in the first post, this is just a personal mod so likely won't satisfy a wide audience.
oh that's too bad. Really beautiful feature that made the skin enjoyable to look at even when not in use. Hopefully it can find its way back in the future, till then I'll just have to deal with it or find something else. Thanks for answering though!
Waiting for the next version of NextPVR to be released so went ahead and made some changes to the HDHomerun video addon skin to match Arctic Zephyr. Haven't tested on a touch device, may be some issues as they have their own code block and I skinned it blind. Not really satisfied with either the HDHomerun video addon or pvr addon, but this matches AZ a little better.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38