Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] .nfo-scan-problem with multiple files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello community,

sorry for double-posting, but i could not find an answer using the search-engine.
am i right here in "supplementary tools"?

i tried to use nfo-files for scraping multipart-movies correctly.
sadly without complete success.

i added the directory (with "tmdb" as scraper) containing following files:
Code:
somemovie-xyz_dvd1.mkv
somemovie-xyz_dvd1.nfo
somemovie-xyz_dvd2.mkv
somemovie-xyz_dvd2.nfo

somemovie-xys_dvd1.nfo
Code:
<movie>
        <title clear="true">somemovie xyz dvd1</title>
        <set>somemovie xyz</set>
        <sorttitle>somemovie xyz dvd1</sorttitle>
</movie>
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/somemovie_xyz

somemovie-xys_dvd2.nfo
Code:
<movie>
        <title clear="true">somemovie xyz dvd2</title>
        <set>somemovie xyz</set>
        <sorttitle>somemovie xyz dvd2</sorttitle>
</movie>
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/somemovie_xyz

with this setup i end up having ONLY "somemovie xyz dvd1" in my movies-library. so the nfo-file seems to get recognized, but the
second movie gets ignored. scanning for new content didn't change anything.
when navigating to the files and scanning manually ("movie information") - the nfo-files directly get recognized again and two
entries are added to the library.
-> sadly now i have 3 entries. what went wrong here? is there another way to let kodi automatically scan the files?

thanks

(i use kodi 15.1 under arch linux)
Your naming seems to be correct, but you might want to try a single NFO instead.
Code:
somemovie-xyz.nfo

Edit:
After rereading:
The feature is called stacking, where you get only one movie. (since they seem to be connected - why having 2 entries in library)
IMHO this can be disabled in settings?

Just curious: are you writing all your NFOs by hand?!
reply - faster than light. thanks.

yes, i am writing my nfo-files by hand. just for a few double-dvds i own, i didn't wan't to mess up tmdb with "dvd-like" titles (though for some movies they exist).
so i just read about nfo-files in the kodi-wiki and wanted to give it a chance. until now i scraped every title in this directory by hand (erased the dvd-part). this is what i hope to get rid of.

is there a more performant way to manage this case?

to you answer: if i use one nfo-file there's no chance to get two separate titles to distinguish both parts!?
to your edit: "Settings -> Videos -> File lists -> Combined split video items" is disabled in my settings. nontheless just dvd1 gets scraped (and no set gets added until i choose the file manually).
it seems this is the correct behaviour (in both naming conventions - with and without dvdX).
the runtime of several files is summed up. the parts are concatenated logically.

i just got confused because each file itself doesn't appear with metadata in "filemode".

unfortunately there is no possibility to distinguish between several parts.