Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi genre art storage place
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where does kodi store it's movie genre art?

I use emby...
Emby pulls genre art from the internet.
Only when using emby addon, it doesnt store its genre art for kodi

This is cause emby doesnt support it right now.
It would support if they know where kodi stores it.
So my question now is, where does kodi store it? Or is this skin dependant?
Perhaps store it at some place where movie database is?

Help needed please
I think that's a skin-specific thing, so it would depend on what skin is being used.
Yeah it skin-specific

But anyway, i've found this:

Image resource add-ons
Although not of real importance to end-users, it’s really convenient for our skin developers. Before each skin had to include all the images it wanted to show. For example most skins show the studio or recordlabel when browsing library. Each skin would have to include these images for it work and as such each skin would have to update the included images. On average this came down to about ~20Mb of files that were shipped with each skin. By putting that into separate add-ons all skins can now make use of the same resource add-ons if they wish without needing to care for updating the images any more. This cuts down download size of skins on install/update and the image add-ons can be updated separate from the skins itself. This makes handling skins much easier and less resource intensive.

And as of speaking, i'm making my first addon :p (resource images for genres) (jarvis)

Lol
the skin you use will still have to add support for actually making that available as option to you
(2015-09-17, 19:05)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]the skin you use will still have to add support for actually making that available as option to you

yeah i know
i'm just providing it for future use..
For now, i need to copy them manually
just making it clear Smile