Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: First post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I usually like to read a lot before posting, but I am still a little confused as to where to post or if I can get advise.
I have a mega 265 loaded up with kodi isengard 15.2 rc. Kodi has stopped working. The advise I need is: Is it a 15.2 issue and if I figure out how to load 16 Jarvis do you think that would solve the issue. OR is it a mega 265 issue related to memory? I have been using it for about 3 months now with no real issues, but now it is useless.
Any and all advise would be helpful. I did read through the rules and I hope I haven't broken any.
Thanks, Frank
Hi Frank,
Welcome to these forums.
Without a debug log it is difficult to find out what the problem might be. Any error messages and some more info about your system might also be usefull.
I don't know what a mega256 is but maybe there is someone on these forums who is also using one.

Cheers,
Allard.
A mega 265 is a set top box. hard wired ethernet to a router. There is no way to transmit an debug log.
Thanks, Frank
Try this, if you genuinely have no shell access: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Log_Uploader

Be careful, though. That mega256 looks like a 'fully loaded' device that will get you the wrong side of the forum rules (wiki) pretty quickly.
I hear ya. Thanks for the heads up.
If that mega256 is one of those fully loaded devices with dubious add-ons included then you'll probably find it is one of the add-ons causing the problems. Jumping to Jarvis is not going to help that. You are more likely going to need to disable the add-ons and then re-enable them one by one until you spot the bad one.

That Debug log will hopefully point to the broken add-on...
Thanks Pudd. I only had 2 add-ons, but one of them is on ur bad list. It is now gone and I am back in business. I would like to keep this legit so I will be careful before adding something that is on your list. I did notice a repository on that list I have. Superrepo is that still a bad thing?
Again, thanks for ur help.
I've never used it - never really seen the advantage of using it - but my understanding is that it's (mainly) on the shit list because you can install just about anything from it (ie stuff that's banned here).
As far as I understand it, that bad list has been created as KODI is trying to do things the right and legal way. By sticking to the law KODI can then appear in Google Play stores and so on.

There is also a very noticeable theme that many of those dubious add-ons are unstable junk which often are the cause of startup crashes of KODI.