Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Laurel & Hardy Show Folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have installed XBMC/Kodi recently and enjoying it and have scrapped many movies successfully.

I thought of scrapping The laurel and hardy Show but am unable to do it successfully.

Here is the link of the show which i am trying to scrape from tvdb : http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=73910

Now the basic folder which i have made is ---- The Laurel and Hardy Show->Season 1-22 ->

I just cannot understand if in each season folder what folder should be made like Episode 1 etc.

As you can see in the link above Each episode here in the show has a different name.

I will be very happy if someone can give me a proper 1st folder stage ---- The Laurel and Hardy Show->Season 1->.........................

On that one stage basis i can make all other folders the same way.

Regards,
Dev
only the main folder name is important "The Laurel and Hardy Show"

The rest what matters is episode filename. You don't really need the season folders as long as the actual video files are correctly named
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
You have it correct. Your folders should look like this:

TV Shows\The Laurel and Hardy Show\Season 1\filename.ext

Now, as far as naming the files themselves, check the wiki for naming conventions. I would recommend Filebot for your renaming, it's fast and accurate. I name my files as such:

101 - The Lucky Dog (a.k.a.) A Lucky Dog
102 - Mud and Sand

Let us know how it goes!
Hi Martin,

You mean i can just make a main folder named The Laurel and Hardy Show and put the files directly without any sub folders?

Regards,
Dev
(2015-09-17, 19:50)aakudev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Martin,

You mean i can just make a main folder named The Laurel and Hardy Show and put the files directly without any sub folders?

Regards,
Dev

correct.
though most use season folders for organisation purpose as it looks cleaner.
Hi Failstyle420,

Great, I will try the folder path suggested, thanks.

I went through the wiki but that got me bit confused :p

Also, this file bot where can i add this in kodi?

Regards,
Dev

(2015-09-17, 19:48)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]You have it correct. Your folders should look like this:

Now, as far as naming the files themselves, check the wiki for naming conventions. I would recommend Filebot for your renaming, it's fast and accurate. I name my files as such:

102 - Mud and Sand

Let us know how it goes!
(2015-09-17, 19:51)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-17, 19:50)aakudev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Martin,

Regards,
Dev

correct.
though most use season folders for organisation purpose as it looks cleaner.

Yeah Martin, seasons folder will be clean and organised and just a one time hassle.
(2015-09-17, 19:55)aakudev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Failstyle420,

Great, I will try the folder path suggested, thanks.

I went through the wiki but that got me bit confused :p

Also, this file bot where can i add this in kodi?

Regards,
Dev

(2015-09-17, 19:48)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]You have it correct. Your folders should look like this:

102 - Mud and Sand

Let us know how it goes!

http://www.filebot.net/

Place your files in the folders you wish (season 1/ season 2 etc etc) then drag the whole season folder into the renamer. Mess with the settings to get the naming scheme you would like. Right click "Match" button and choose "Edit Format." If you like my naming, then you can copy/paste this into the format:

{s}{e.pad(2)} - {t}
Best to have it move/rename files into a Kodi compatible structure right away:
Code:
/path/to/media/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
Thanks Martin, Failstyle 420, Rednoah

I have scrapped the Laurel and hardy show wohooo

As all of you suggested, i made TV Shows\The Laurel and Hardy Show\Season 1\101 The Lucky Dog 1921.mkv and all just scrapped on library update.

The good thing is that it shows seasons folder and All episodes both to choose from now.

Heres the screenshot

Again Thanks a lot!
watch gallery

Sorry earlier link looks dead
Glad it worked for you!