Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SSH username & password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched everywhere to get the default username & password for Kodi installed on an Android MX box... I tried root/root root/no password admin/root root/admin no joy.

Port 22 is open (scanned the device across the network)

Any ideas? Many thanks.
It is:

user: root
password: /;gh0C({6FbDNuoB`3cdPcL=M9TWq0x~J`hX$nU869[b/K%m\gS-L}Iw8|O*-I*
you got some shit box from ebay, pre-loaded with openelec ?
No mate, long story! So anyway I get this (from terminal in OS X)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
62:bc:fb:9a:c1:d9:66:12:75:40:b0:fe:db:27:79:b4.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Users/steven/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending RSA key in /Users/steven/.ssh/known_hosts:3
RSA host key for 192.168.0.4 has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.

You guys seen that? Can I upload the RSA host key to the box via ftp? If so any idea what the default user/pass is?

Thanks fellers
BTW there's away round the eBay problems, you can sell a box without any software on it except the OS but with an addon installer that runs on end user request which then downloads all your content, it uses a keyword so that all you are selling is a simple android box no different to chromecast
Firmware restore or something changed the host identification - if you did that - nothing to worry ... remove line three (3) of your known_hosts
(2015-09-19, 11:04)Steve_W Wrote: [ -> ]BTW there's away round the eBay problems, you can sell a box without any software on it except the OS but with an addon installer that runs on end user request which then downloads all your content, it uses a keyword so that all you are selling is a simple android box no different to chromecast

Guess what I am not interested at all ... currently you have an open ssh port, that someone on this world can connect to when ever he / she / it (botnet) wants ... if you like such offers - congratualtions.
Sorry I don't follow?? Is there a way to only open it on request then?