Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: change focus in GUI when next song plays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There has been discussion in another post about how images of the currently playing track are not correctly displayed when playing music from a playlist the thread is at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239401 where it has been suggested that it is raised as a feature request

the following is a copy of a single post by user WelshPaul from within that thread which tries to highlight the issue.

If I run a randomly ordered playlist the first item shows correctly. This is in the transparency skin, with fanart, onscreen info, etc, all linked to the playing track (highlighted in blue in the playlist).

However, when it moves onto the second track in the playlist the associated info, fanart, album cover, etc, does not update to pictures of Mozart, etc.

By the way my album covers are embedded, so the behaviour is the same whether you work that way or using folder files.
Of course it doesn't because the artwork is displayed for the currently selected item not what is currently playing.
(2015-09-23, 10:26)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it doesn't because the artwork is displayed for the currently selected item not what is currently playing.

Hence why I told them to request the ability to change focus/select song. I imagine this would only really work for what is currently playing in a given playlist, assuming the playlist is open (so the user isn't thrown out of another directory, etc). Something like that.
Or whatever gives the same basic result, functionally.
Yes but surely the focus should change to the currently playing item as the tracks in the list are played.

Of course you can move the selected item up and down with the mouse, remote, keyboard etc to display the artwork, but by default surely the code should display the artwork for the current track when it starts to play.

When using party mode the focus stays on the top track but the previous track is removed and the next track becomes the currently selected track hence showing the current artwork

I dont want the previous track to be removed from the playlist as that would clearly be silly, but I would like the focus to be moved to that track so that its fanart, album image etc is displayed by default when it is playing

Personally I think this is a bug rather than a feature request, but happy to take advice from those whom know better
I suppose the playlist would need to scroll up displaying say the previous 5 tracks above the current playing track as the playlist which could be very long potentially, perhaps highlighting there are more tracks above or something. Realise this isnt neccesarily an easy change, but I do think it should be considered seriously
I wouldn't want Kodi to change the focus of an item when I'm in a list. If you want artwork for a playing item use the Artist Slideshow addon.
(2015-09-23, 11:51)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't want Kodi to change the focus of an item when I'm in a list. If you want artwork for a playing item use the Artist Slideshow addon.

Not even when that list is the currently loaded playlist? I think a fair argument can be made that the current playlist shouldn't be treated the same as a typical folder, but more as its own kind of playback window.
Same problem here for the default Confluence skin while using v15 on a Windows 8.1 laptop.
Of course we can press N,N, and still key N for numerous times under Music mode just to see the currently playing item's full-sized artwork...

I think this problem is the one last puzzle to be completed for a picture of what a standard HTPC should be looked like (also related to my appearance on the donor list of Kodi project). Smile