Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio in Kodibuntu with ALC889A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody.

I've just installed Kodibuntu over an old PC with ASRock M3A790GXH/USB3 motherboard.
The system is up to date (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade).
No strange configurations were made, except the /tmp mounted as tmpfs (Kodibuntu is installed on a USB pendrive).

This is the output of alsa-info script: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=f6aca7...f7630dc098

I already tried to add to the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
Code:
snd_hda_intel: model=intel-alc889a
or even
Code:
snd_hda_intel: model=audio

But with no luck.
With alsamixer I ensured that volume was not muted.
I don't know what else can I do.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Well, I can't help you with the audio issue, sorry.

But if you didn't apt-get dist-upgrade then you didn't upgrade kodi
Ok, tomorrow i will do that.
Do I really need to dist-upgrade it since I downloaded the ISO just a few days ago?
Yes
You didn't post your audio configuration within kodi, do you see your audio interface in audio setting?
If you don't get anything out of it with e.g. aplay - you are out of luck.

Provide aplay -l | pastebinit
@kyungrak: my goal is to first be able to play a simple wav from the console Smile Kodi configuration is the next step.

@fritsch: aplay is executed with no errors but speakers are still mute. I've just found that specifying some parameters in the alsa-base.conf has solved similar issues with Realtek audio chip. I mean position_fix and index. Tomorrow I will dist-upgrade the OS and play with module parameters.
Is it so hard to provide:

aplay -l | pastebinit

and
amixer | pastebinit

?
I just dist-upgraded Kodi. Nothing has changed.
I tryed using with position_fix, id, index in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf with no luck.
dmesg | grep intel show no errors. Executing aplay to reproduce a simple wav show no errors, but speakers are always mute!

Any help will be appreciated.
Ask on the alsa user mailing list. This is nothing kodi or kodibuntu could solve.
Ok Fritsch, thank you.
Issue solved installing Realtek drivers: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/down...Down=false

sudo ./configure --with-cards=hda-intel
sudo make
sudo make install

And reboot.
Even if volume is at 100% it is very low now. But at least is not muted!

I hope this could help someone.