Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live streaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everybody,

I recently purchased the Kodi TV Box H.264/H.265

My Son, who is tech savvy has spent a week trying to get the box to work, but try as he might, he can only get one sports channel to actually work for live streaming. His ISP is Virgin.

I now have the box and I have connected it via my BT ISP, with exactly the same result, only the same one sports channel will actually work for live streaming.

Unfortunately I am not Tech savvy, so would very much appreciate any help and advise as to why it will not work?

Many thanks,
[/size]
Gordon
Well, where to start.

First of all have you read the forum rules about banned add-ons because it sounds pretty much to me that you are having the problem with one or more of them.

Secondly, your description of the box is, regrettably, meaningless. Look again to see what it really is.

Thirdly it is possible the two major ISPs you refer to are blocking your streaming especially if your add-on is getting pirated material. To test this use a VPN. I stress I am not advocating the use of pirated material, not on this forum anyway.

Fourthly, if you bought the box "fully loaded" (with rubbish) then uninstall it and do a clean install of Kodi from the official download page and try again taking great care which add-ons you put on.
Hi,

My apologies if I have broken forum rules, I have no idea which ones or why?

I was under the impression that I had bought this box from Kodi, so it seemed logical to come here to ask for help.

Now I am totally confused, what have I bought??

I purchased from Ebay the following MXQ Quad Core Android TV Box Fully Loaded KODI (XBMC) UK SELLER ✔ Kodi (XBMC) ✔Plug N Play ✔ Fully Loaded

It has the name KODI all over the ad, so I assumed I was buying from Kodi.

My Son has also installed the Kodi software without the box, and has had the same result, even using a VPN, so it would seem it is not the box that is the issue, you decide....

Never mind, it is all going in the bin now anyway, it is obviously a complete load of crap, box or no box.

Thanks for your time....I think.
(2015-09-25, 11:01)1gor2don Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

My apologies if I have broken forum rules, I have no idea which ones or why?

I was under the impression that I had bought this box from Kodi, so it seemed logical to come here to ask for help.

Now I am totally confused, what have I bought??

I purchased from Ebay the following MXQ Quad Core Android TV Box Fully Loaded KODI (XBMC) UK SELLER ✔ Kodi (XBMC) ✔Plug N Play ✔ Fully Loaded

It has the name KODI all over the ad, so I assumed I was buying from Kodi.

My Son has also installed the Kodi software without the box, and has had the same result, even using a VPN, so it would seem it is not the box that is the issue, you decide....

Never mind, it is all going in the bin now anyway, it is obviously a complete load of crap, box or no box.

Thanks for your time....I think.

This is a perfect example of how these ebay box sellers are ruining Kodi's reputation.

Please don't bin your box. Donate it to somebody willing to install a clean version of Kodi and wants to use it how it was originally intended. Or better yet, stick with it yourself, do a little reading on this forum and discover all the great things you can legally do with Kodi.
And better yet, also report the seller to eBay and give them a suitably low rating and review.

Kodi is great as a media player and for legitimate streaming of things like iPlayer. There is a decent iPlayer add-on being worked on at the moment (details here), and there is also an add-on for ITVPlayer (here) both of which are using the legitimate sources (presuming you have a TV license). There's also one for TV Catch-up (basically freeview) although I'm not sure that's work ing at the moment.

It's just that there are those who peddle piracy add-ons for it, and sellers like the one you encountered who make a quick buck off people who want something that's too good to be true by getting content that they would normally have to pay for for free (and then leave forums like this one to clear up the mess and bad feeling that results).

I would echo what the other guys are saying though, it's probably not too difficult to install a fresh Kodi image on the box and then use it with legitimate sources to get a useful item, rather than just adding it to landfill.
+1 to Dangelus and +1 to DarrenHill.

To 1gor2don I would say there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and provided you keep within the rules (which you have so far) then take advantage of it.

Your box is quite probably OK but has come with rubbish (bloatware) on it which already has unfairly blighted your experience of Kodi.