Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changing scrape order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it is possible to change the order of new content scraping.

For some reason Kodi will spend up to 5 minutes scanning for non-existent new movies it's before scanning for new TV shows that do exist.

I add maybe 1 new movie per week and it takes it up to 5 minutes at times to realise nothing new has come in, when there are anywhere from 1 - 6 new episodes patiently waiting to be picked up.
No its a fixed order
Depending on how you have things set up, you could always check for new content on the relevant source (where your TV shows are stored) rather than doing a full library update scrape?
(2015-09-25, 10:36)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Depending on how you have things set up, you could always check for new content on the relevant source (where your TV shows are stored) rather than doing a full library update scrape?
How would I do that, I have it set up quite simple to update library on startup, I also have an addon for periodic updates too.
Go to video > files and then on the list of sources, right-click (or equivalent, e.g. select the item and press c on the keyboard) on the relevant one and select scan for new content on the context menu.
(2015-09-25, 17:44)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Go to video > files and then on the list of sources, right-click (or equivalent, e.g. select the item and press c on the keyboard) on the relevant one and select scan for new content on the context menu.
Oh so manually. Will see, trying the watchdog plugin, but seems to use the same order.
You can also change the "set content (wiki)" (which will then say "change content") on the movie source to be excluded from updates. Then just run a manual scan on movies since they are updated less often.
[/quote]
Oh so manually. Will see, trying the watchdog plugin, but seems to use the same order.
[/quote]

Did they fix Watchdog? Great idea but my experience with it I tried it a while back and it caused Kodi (XBMC back then) crashes each time when exiting
[/quote]

Did they fix Watchdog? Great idea but my experience with it I tried it a while back and it caused Kodi (XBMC back then) crashes each time when exiting
[/quote]
Oh mine does that normally, it crashes on exit probably once ever 10 closes. I'm so used to have to force kill it by now.