Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: confusion between tvrage and tvdb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the shutdown of TVRAGE I have been experiencing various problems with missing episodes in my TV library.

I'v done some research, and i think I know what the main problem is, but some things remain unclear to me.
In Kodi logs, i can see that the episodes that are missing are displaying the familiar message of not being able to find information about the show or episode, and consequentially, will not be added to the library.
A few lines before, i can see an error message with a TVRAGE link, and an http error code (522 if i'm not mistaken).

Eventually, i was able to add the missing episodes to the library by generating .nfo files from tvdb using sickrage.

What's unclear to me is this:
1. Even though my tv content scrapper is set to TVDB, the links in the logs appear to be from TVRAGE. why is that?
2. Using XEM resulted in the same behavior, with scene, rage, and tvdb in settings. In all scenarios I see TVRAGE links in the logs.

I'm using Kodi 15.2 on an mx3 android tv.

Thanks for the help.
I think I can answer myself.
I noticed that the tvshow.nfo files contain TVRAGE links, which can explain why i see them in the logs since tvshow.nfo files override configured scrappers.