Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SageTV script not working with newer builds of XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having problems with the SageTV script and newer builds of XBMC. I can get it to work with CVS 11-13-2006 T3CH. Any of the newer December builds I have tried seem to break functionality. The script appears to work until you choose a show to watch. The show never opens and you are stuck on that screen of the script with no way to exit. A newer version of the script can be found here for anyone willing to help out. The original script writer no longer has an xbox so he can't really help as of now.
Ok the newest version is here
I am having problems with the SageTV script. I haven't gotten any reponse in the Python forum. Any know of a reason why the 'watch' function would not work?
I ran this script with te XBMC PC port. With loggin on I got this error:
Quote:02:13:51 M:1382084608 INFO: Q:\scripts\SageTV\SageTV-karl.py:1372: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception
if (action == 10 or action == ACTION_REMOTE_BACK):
The line it refers to in the script is:
Quote: if (action == 10 or action == ACTION_REMOTE_BACK):
Sorry for the crosspost. I am desperate to get this to work with the new XBMC builds. I noticed not many views, so I thought it may have been burried and forgotten.
Does NOBODY have a clue what this error means?
kricker Wrote:Does NOBODY have a clue what this error means?

Hey Kricker,

I'm a fellow SageTV user... looks like you're not having much luck solving this problem... have you had any luck anywhere in finding help with this issue??

regards,
A
armondole Wrote:Hey Kricker,

I'm a fellow SageTV user... looks like you're not having much luck solving this problem... have you had any luck anywhere in finding help with this issue??

regards,
A
No, I have not. Do you happen to know anyone who knows python and would be willing to help?
kricker Wrote:No, I have not. Do you happen to know anyone who knows python and would be willing to help?

Sorry but I don't... I started trying to learn, but this will take way too much time for me to figure out with my very limited skill in programming. My eyes are always open for eager programmers though Smile
kricker Wrote:I am having problems with the SageTV script and newer builds of XBMC. I can get it to work with CVS 11-13-2006 T3CH. Any of the newer December builds I have tried seem to break functionality. The script appears to work until you choose a show to watch. The show never opens and you are stuck on that screen of the script with no way to exit. A newer version of the script can be found here for anyone willing to help out. The original script writer no longer has an xbox so he can't really help as of now.

I was able to replace all of the xbmc.PlayList(2) references with xbmc.PlayList(0)

This fixed the original version of the sagetv script with the 2.6 webserver on XBMC-SVN_2007-05-07_rev8807-T3CH

Hope this helps
hey kricker have you fixed this in the meantime?
Because I'm having the exact same problem with my script kGuitarTabs 0.7 (see http://www.tabsource.org, click on xbox client for source), and I'm really eager to find out how I can fix this, since I'm not a very good python programmer yet.

I'm getting:

default.py:144: RuntimeWarning tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception if ((action == ACTION_BACK) or (action == ACTION_MENU) or (action == ACTION_MOVE_LEFT))

don't know what to do with it ! Smile
johan99 Wrote:I was able to replace all of the xbmc.PlayList(2) references with xbmc.PlayList(0)

This fixed the original version of the sagetv script with the 2.6 webserver on XBMC-SVN_2007-05-07_rev8807-T3CH

Hope this helps
Interesting I had replaced xbmc.PlayList(2) with xbmc.PlayList(1) as per a post on anther forum suggested and it didn't help at all. I'll see what affect this has.

The good news is the script is now mostly working again with the newest t3ch build.
kvz7 Wrote:hey kricker have you fixed this in the meantime?
Because I'm having the exact same problem with my script kGuitarTabs 0.7 (see http://www.tabsource.org, click on xbox client for source), and I'm really eager to find out how I can fix this, since I'm not a very good python programmer yet.

I'm getting:

default.py:144: RuntimeWarning tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception if ((action == ACTION_BACK) or (action == ACTION_MENU) or (action == ACTION_MOVE_LEFT))

don't know what to do with it ! Smile
Sorry, I am clueless. If you find out, please let me know it may be of help to me too.
kricker Wrote:Interesting I had replaced xbmc.PlayList(2) with xbmc.PlayList(1) as per a post on anther forum suggested and it didn't help at all. I'll see what affect this has.

The good news is the script is now mostly working again with the newest t3ch build.
I made this change amoung others and things seem much better now. I better post the new version.
Here is an updated script to interface with SageTV. I can't updated on XBMCscripts.com so for now I figure I'd post it here.
Pages: 1 2