Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Please help run Sopcast on Asus Nexus Player without Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already got the Kindle Fire Stick for mirroring Sopcast played on Kindle HDX screen. Everything works fine, no signal drops whatsoever.
I bought the Asus Nexus player hoping to install Sopcast/Acestream on this native Android device and don't have to mirror the tablet. Well, a few problems that I can't overcome so I'm thinking return back to Best Buy:
- Same Sopcast/Acestream version installed on Kindle HDX was installed fine on Nexus streaming player but there's no url input. I guess Google purposely strip that option from their device. They allow you to personally watch from tablet but they don't allow you to do that on a TV.
Bummer! I then installed Chromecast from a few 4.4.2 Jelly Bean android phones. The Nexus player can mirror the Android phone using Chrome Cast Beta but then the connection loses all the time after initial connection.
Restart/reset both Nexus player and Android phone (one phone at a time) but none works.
I already have Youtube, Kodi working fine on my Fire stick. So if Sopcast can't work natively on Nexus player, I think I have to return it. Since Kodi was installed fine on the Nexus player, I also followed the instruction to install p2p stream add-on 1.2.0.zip from auhor enen92. Well, that addon Sopcast doesn't work inside Kodi either.
Any thoughts? Thanks.