Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MXQ SETUP PROBLEM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all,

I am having a problem with 1 of my boxes when I try updating it from 14.2 to 15.2, after attempting to load 15.2 a box appears and says "XApp not installed`. Àn existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed`.

Now this box I am having the problem with had been factory reset in the past. Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks from a newbe
That means whoever made the box, or at least the firmware (the Android OS) on the box, included a modified copy of Kodi. Now it conflicts with the official one because ours has a different developer signature, but they have the same ID. I would look up how to install better firmware for the MXQ, which will probably be better for a number of reasons (more trustworthy, less bugs, etc), and it will then allow you to install official Kodi.
I have managed my china boxes (including MXQ) with pre installed kodi by just uninstalling the kodi and installing the official one. Updating over the preinstalled one does not work.

Those boxes sre supplied with 14.2 loaded with addons. Bad thing is those addons are mainly for pirating and the good thing is the pre installed modified kodi usually works flawlessly. By clean install you have a good chance of running into an issue of two.
Thank you both for the information. I will uninstall kodi and try installing kodi from the kodi website. Will keep you informed on how I make out.

Thanks again for the prompt reply/help.

Billy
Worked great, thank you. Uninstalled kodi, and reinstalled kodi 15.2. No problems.

Thanks again,
Billy
How did you Uninstall kodi? I can't get it to launch on my MXQ box I've tried to install from the website still cannot launch the app