Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: playlist operations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They say there is no such thing as a stupid question so here goes .
I installed the kodi remote controll app (v15.1) on an Ipad mini and got it to connect to my Kodi instance running on a Fedora 22 host . I go Music>Playlists and arrow over to the desired playlist . How do I
1) start the playlist playing
2) delete the playlist
3) create a playlist
etc etc

Using the mouse on the system I right click to do such things but I cannot conjure up the equivalent operation via the remote .

Please be gentle .
OK let me ask this in a simpler fashion . What button on the Kodi remote for IOs is considered the 'PLAY' button ?
The round select button in the middle of the navigation arrows should start your playlist. Above the navigation section and along the bottom of the the screen are your traditional Rew Pause/Play FF buttons.

If you are using the Ipad UI you should be able to just tap on the item you want to play.
I'll try it but I swear that when I do that on a highlighted playlist it just opens up the playlist
Try to tap and hold the row, an action list should appear.
(2015-09-30, 18:42)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]Try to tap and hold the row, an action list should appear.

I was looking for a way to clear/delete the entire Now Playing playlist. Long press in play list or play list Edit mode didn't help to achieve this. However, in Edit mode I can individually remove the item. Any help is appreciated.
@xbmc-user, long press the "edit" button and a confirmation dialog about clearing the playlist will appear. Plus, you can enable the option "Shake to clear playlist" Smile if enabled, just shake the phone and that confirmation dialog will appear.
(2015-09-27, 20:54)iidbis Wrote: [ -> ]They say there is no such thing as a stupid question so here goes .
Please be gentle .

You are right. There is no such thing as a stupid question. There are only stupid people.
(2016-02-22, 17:14)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]@xbmc-user, long press the "edit" button and a confirmation dialog about clearing the playlist will appear. Plus, you can enable the option "Shake to clear playlist" Smile if enabled, just shake the phone and that confirmation dialog will appear.

Aha! The "Edit" button! Fantastic, I'll give it a try. I use iPad so don't want my kids to shake it Smile
ahahah, yep a little bit dangerous Smile
a little hint if you haven't noticed it yet: with ipad you can also swipe from right to left the row to reveal the "delete" button. I'm thinking to add also the swipe from left to right to reveal the item actions (show infos, artists details if music item, etc etc)
Thanks for that tip! Some things are tricky, like going back to Now Playing from Music browsing section requires to tap Music button again to unselect it, Was wondering if we can have Now Playing button to be more intuitive. I also need to figure a way out for a shutdown timer Smile May be that's also hidden under "long press" of Shutdown button! Will check it out when I go home Smile

Having said that, this app is very functional and helpful. Now, I'm enjoying, or should I say discovering, my music collection more than before! THANKS A TON.