Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 50i and 24p - advancedsettings.xml ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have always had problems to Switch between 25i and 24p. I think I need to edit advancedsettings.xml for this to work.

But I don't know how to do it. I had a look into the Kodi wiki of advancedsettings.xml and I tried few things, but they didn't work.

Can you please help me?

thank you very much!
did you set the "change refresh rate to match video"-option to enable?
yes, I use Kodi since Version 10 (I think). But I was never able to switch between 25i for TV and 24p for Blu-Rays.

Example:

After watching a Blu-ray movie with Kodi (refresh rate being 24p) and Tuning into a TV channel I want Kodi to change its refresh rate to 25i.

How is this done? I don't want 50Hz.

Please help!
First, note that there is an actual difference between 23.976hz and 24.000hz.

Second, 25 frames interlaced is never called that (that would be 12.5 frames per second, 25 fields per second. It's always 50i (25 frames per second, 50 fields per second).

Third... as far as I know, Kodi does not have interlaced output support on Linux. What operating system are you running?
yeah I know there is a difference but I didn't wanna complicate matters. That by itself is still a big issue on non-Intel GPUs.

yes, you're right. I mixed them up. I meant 50i, not 25i. 50 interlaced pictures a minute.

I am running Windows 10 with a GTX980. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Please help. It never switches from 24p to 50i but only to 50p.
Next question. Can you manually force Windows to go into 50i mode?
Kodi does not output interlaced, so 50p with deinterlacing is perfectly correct.
(2015-09-29, 01:46)Sunflux Wrote: [ -> ]Next question. Can you manually force Windows to go into 50i mode?

yes I can.
(2015-09-29, 09:32)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi does not output interlaced, so 50p with deinterlacing is perfectly correct.

Not from my viewing experience, no. I have a 65 inch 4k TV and I always have to manually adjust the refresh rate to 25Hz (resolution by the way is set to 1920x1080) in Windows and in Kodi disable "adjust display refresh rate". And whenever I watch a Blu-ray I have to go and enable "adjust display refresh rate" again.

This can't be.

And the very reason for this thread is because Kodi doesn't do it I want to force it with advancedsettings.xml.

That is where I need help with and that's were you guys come in. So PLEASE help.
(2015-09-29, 09:32)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi does not output interlaced, so 50p with deinterlacing is perfectly correct.

oh and I don't understand something:

50p means no interlaced pictures right?

So enabling deinterlacing with 50p simply cannot be correct or what am I missing? Because the picture isn't fluid as it is when I turn to 25Hz and set deinterlacing Video to "Auto" and "deinterlace method" to "DXVA - Best". Then I have the perfect experience. Very apparent when watching footie.
Deinterlacing for progressive content makes no sense.

Kodi does the deinterlacing and ignores Interlaced resolutions as Kodi can use High Quality deinterlacing algorithms to accomplish the job ... Ever looked at the menus when you output real interlaced? This sucks like hell.
(2015-09-29, 10:12)3000 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not from my viewing experience, no. I have a 65 inch 4k TV and I always have to manually adjust the refresh rate to 25Hz (resolution by the way is set to 1920x1080) in Windows and in Kodi disable "adjust display refresh rate". And whenever I watch a Blu-ray I have to go and enable "adjust display refresh rate" again.

This can't be.

And the very reason for this thread is because Kodi doesn't do it I want to force it with advancedsettings.xml.

That is where I need help with and that's were you guys come in. So PLEASE help.

You are doing something wrong then. Enable "adjust display refresh rate", set deinterlacing to "auto" and be done with it.
If it really doesn't work as expected, explain the issue and post a debug log.