Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Align controls to video dimensions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I'm completely new to skinning, so please forgive me if I've missed something obvious...

I would like to modify a skin so that the video OSD elements are always constrained / aligned to the dimension of the video playing rather than the whole screen. The reason for this is that I'm upgrading my home theater to a zoomed constant-height setup with side masking. Essentially this means that while Kodi always runs at the same 16:9 resolution, the unused top/bottom and side areas will be cropped out while playing video of other aspect ratios.

The only way I've found that might (?) work is to have multiple versions included in the skin (e.g. a 4:3 version, a 16:9 version and a 2.40:1 version) and use conditional visibility based on the aspect ratio.

Any ideas?
perhaps you can use the VideoPlayer.VideoAspect infolabel to conditionally move the elements on screen...

something like:
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,100" time="0" condition="StringCompare(VideoPlayer.VideoAspect,1.33)">Conditional</animation>
That sounds quite promising, thanks for the suggestion...