Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fast internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a powerful pc with currently 12g of ram and 130 down for internet. new to kodi running latest version
Why do my live streams still stutter and buffer, most hd movies playback fine, but live iptv/ sports streams are pretty horrible. I know servers play a role but I played around with cache and that just made it worse also ipvanish vpn makes it really bad. Seems like posted cache settings are for people with slow pc/internet cant find anyone with fast settings. What would be the best option here, whos got the magic settings? is it even possible to stream flawlessly? Also is there any tweaks or way to make things load and play quicker? seems like there is bottle necks in everything.
Well, if they are pirate streams the answer is likely: Because their servers suck.
Hard wired or wifi ? Have you tried zero cache ?
hard wired, I heard 0 cache wrecks drives, need this pc to stay tip top
Just try it over a couple of days. If it works and depending on your setup, you may be able to move your cache to an SD card or USB stick.
Anything with 12GB of RAM will not see an improvement from using the "zero cache" setting.
simple solution - don't use these crap piracy add-ons. You won't get any support here for anything related to these add-ons. If your buffering issue can be reproduced by f.e. using the YouTube add-on, feel free do provide a Debug Log from a session where you had these issues.
Have you tried this?

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Worked for me. I use example 3.4. It is easy to install following the excellent instructions in Wiki.
(2015-10-01, 01:02)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Anything with 12GB of RAM will not see an improvement from using the "zero cache" setting.
Very true.
My guess is sources are...sub par