Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Getting Started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I'd like to try to code my own skin. I use to dabble with windows xp coding back in the day and thought it would be fun now that I'm semi retired. I have been doing a lot of lurking and I see that it is recommended you take a skin and make some chances and see what they do. I have done that with some success. It also said in one of the tutorials to take the downloaded skin and rename it to your own. I could not find a procedure for this. I took the main folder and put the files in a different one, but then couldn't figure how to install this. I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
copy and paste the folder of a skin of your choice and adjust the addon id in addon.xml (preferrably to the same name as your new folder). That way it will be listed as a new skin inside kodi.
(2015-10-01, 01:26)fishersman Wrote: [ -> ]It also said in one of the tutorials to take the downloaded skin and rename it to your own.

rename the skin folder to skin.yourown (and put it in the addons folder)

next, modify addon tag in the addon.xml file accordingly:
id="skin.yourown"
name="Your Own Skin"
Thank you both.