Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sports Scores Screensaver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my basement bar area I have multiple all in one computers running Kodi that enables me to watch different games/sports. I was wondering if there are any add-ons that display sports scores, and update every minute or so? Or would someone like to create an addon like this? Maybe have a back end that you can select the sports you want to display, or even just your favorite teams? For baseball you can show the inning, and how many outs, or even break it down to balls/strikes/on base. The same could go for football as far as downs/ball on information. What do you guys think?
+100 for this!!!!
Problem here is where to get this info without it breaking every month...
That's a great idea. I can do it for football (soccer in USA) but we don't really have much more info on thesportsdb.com
Please bear with me because I know absolutely nothing about coding, but could you extract it from a solid source like google, yahoo sports or espn? Or do those change often also?

PS: You can respond with " You're an idiot and thats not how it works"
They are normally paid API's, and pretty expensive. You can of course steal them from existing applications (like MLB) or parse the page source but the first will probably violate some access terms and the other will break loads of times, each time the site is updated basically.
The problem here is not the addon itself nor its complexity but the data. We need a consistent API which returns JSON or XML to present this data in an addon.

If you find places/websites to grab this info please list them. I can spend some time during the weekend trying to implement it.
Another huge problem I find in the relation kodi-sports is the fact there are a lot of users but when stuff breaks there are not many people to count with. The joy of coding dissipates when you have to fix stuff (you can't control such as this type of data) all the time
There is a football one already

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196499