Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Path Substitution in advancedsettings.xml for library folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently set up custom Video Nodes to segment my movie folder a bit (something I've been trying to figure out how to best enact for years) and it works amazing. But I have 4+ installations of Kodi and keeping them all in sync is starting to become cumbersome. I read about Path Substitutions in the advancedsettings.xml (for example: here) but the library folder isn't listed there (I'm not really sure whether those are the sole options or just examples) and using the same form as the keymaps one (as an example) didn't seem to work, as the custom home menu item I'd set up with one of those custom video nodes simply didn't work.

I can symlink it but now I'm up to 3 symlinks for every installation of Kodi (sources.xml, advancedsettings.xml and now library/) and that's AFTER setting all the skin settings. It would be great if I could just symlink the advancedsettings.xml (and whatever would be needed to sync it to openelec) and then have pathsubstitutions take care of everything else. Is this possible?

Here's a log: http://pastebin.com/6yyQj2E3

FYI: I run a MySQL Database on a Synology and share files through NFS. An NFS share is where I put the library folder....