Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compare Library with Friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I previously used the sharethe.tv addon to compare my movie and show library to my friend's.

It had a handy little filtering feature which would only display the movies that he owned which were not in my collection. Unfortunately, support and the site seemed to have died.

I just had a 2TB hard drive fail on me and have no idea what movies and shows i had on them. My friend and I have an almost identical collection so I want to compare what he has and what I currently have so I can narrow down what I lost in that drive failure.

I searched to see if it were possible with trak.tv but the closest I found was this old feature request thread: http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-ge...other-user

which doesn't seem to have been followed through.

So I am open to suggestions as to how I can go about doing this. Maybe use a media manager to export a movie list for both our servers and then run a comparison? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Is your friend's machine running windows? If so, you're friend can run this on his machine:

Code:
dir /B >C:\Movielist.txt

Then he can just send you the text file. That is probably the easiest way.
I tested that command on my Windows machine to see if it would work and I got an Access Denied error.

My share is mapped to the Z: drive in Windows (running unRAID 6)

so I input the code in command prompt as:

Code:
dir /Z >C:\Movielist.txt

with "Z" being my mapped movie directory and "C" being the location on my Windows machine in which I wish to store the txt file with the list of movies. Is this correct?
Open cmd.exe and browse to the directory you want to run the command, then run that command I gave you Wink