Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thumbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to grab a thumb to use in a list without having to use the library? I have all the graphics in the folder of each item in the list, but when i lst the parent folder I get the fallback icon. I was hoping there would be some sort of path i could set.
Not sure about this, but according to this (old) thread you might be able to use $INFO[ListItem.Path] ?
You could use a stringcompare against the listitem icon to check if it's the folder back one and use your own in its place.

Code:
StringCompare(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png)
Thanks for the ideas. While neither did exactly what I wanted, I am now close. Maybe someone can explain why this works:

$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/posters/,/folder.jpg

That line goes into the subfolder of posters, enters the subfolder specified in the label and displays the jpg. I added a folder posters to the skin sub directory for testing because I couldn't get it to work with the actual recording directory. . Want I really want to do is get the jpg from the actual recording folders. Here is what I thought should work, but does not.

$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://recordings/,/folder.jpg

The recordings folder is on D:\ while the root skin folder is on c:\

I have also tried Listitem.PathAndFilename with the same results.. Since I posted this earlier I went in and built directories in the skin folders and moved jpg's into each folder. Works great. But as i get new folders, its a manual process.. I'm just wondering why it doesn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks
In case anyone was wondering, I did find a resolution for this. I changed the code to this :

$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://masterprofile/posters/,/folder.jpg

I then added an empty folder called posters to my user data and wrote an advancedsettings.xml to change the path from the above to d:/Recorded TV.. It works great. From what I could tell, the path returned by "recordings" was not the actual path, so it couldn't index into the proper sub folder.

I use Kodi for just the pvr. I now have the limited fanart that I want and don't have to worry about the librarys. I turned off all my content in my folders, so I don't get hung up scrapers any more or out of context pictures. I get what I want and just put them into the shows folder. The exact customization I wanted. Now I am going to spend some time changing the views around. I also realize when Kodi upgrades I'm SOL, but then I'll just start over. I appreciate the help i have received here.