Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blank screen trying to access Kodi menus (Amazon FireTV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm trying to help a friend with a problem. He says after changing batteries in his remote this problem occurred. The Kodi home page is accessible, although after attempting to use any other menu; settings, add-ons, etc. the screen goes completely blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

The FireTV box is rooted with Kodi 14.2, and has worked great until this point.
I'm seeing the same behavior on my Gen 1 fire TV. I just got a Gen 2 today and installed the fork from Kodi calle SPMC (for audio pass through) on the Gen 2 device. Works perfect. Decided to update my Gen 1 box as well since I had the file handy and ADB up and running. Did an in-place update from 13.3 to 15.0 of SPMC and lost all my settings (advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml, as well as my select skin Amber). Went to the menus and got this same black screen behavior.

Currently trying a reboot, full uninstall, then reinstall of SPMC (file name is spmc-aremabi-v7a_15.0.0.apk). I think that will likely fix it since it runs like a champ on my "fresh" Gen2 Fire TV. I'll report back and let you know if that worked or not.
Yep, that took care of things. I tried clearing just the app's cache first with no success. So then I was going to clear app data as well, but at that point I figured I might as well just do a full uninstall, and then push the new version and install. Did that, rebooted for good measure, and now it's up and running great. Give that a try. You'll probably lose settings/add-ons/library data (unless you keep it in a central mySQL database), but those can all be re-added/re-scanned fairly quickly for the most part.

Good luck!