Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to identify propers or hide a tv episode when a proper is also present?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of files
Code:
drwxr-xr-x 2 osmc osmc      4096 Oct  6 23:56 Pioneer.One.S01E05.720p.x264-VODO.mp4
drwxr-xr-x 2 osmc osmc      4096 Oct  7 02:11 Pioneer.One.S01E05.PROPER.720p.x264-VODO.mp4

I would think that Kodi would have some way to deal with this situation other than showing them both without any way to distinguish between them.

Either hide the non-proper or label the proper episode.

Thanks

edit: Pioneer One is a 2010 American web series produced by Josh Bernhard and Bracey Smith. It has been funded purely through donations, and is the first series created for and released on BitTorrent networks. <== It's a good watch. check it out!
Trying to think where the word "proper" would be used in a TV shows file name outside of the context of illegally downloaded pirated episodes.
(2015-10-07, 08:49)Karnagious Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to think where the word "proper" would be used in a TV shows file name outside of the context of illegally downloaded pirated episodes.

Pretty sure nobody holds a copyright for "My Tv Show". Feel free to check on that, though.
Point is, it would be hard to argue that Kodi does not endorse piracy if they were to deliberately add in special handling for a problem unique to pirated TV shows.
Why not just delete the non-proper file?
(2015-10-07, 11:38)GregiBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just delete the non-proper file?

I do, but until I get around to doing that it's displaying 2 episodes that look identical.

(2015-10-07, 11:13)Karnagious Wrote: [ -> ]Point is, it would be hard to argue that Kodi does not endorse piracy if they were to deliberately add in special handling for a problem unique to pirated TV shows.

I'll edit my original post to remove any trace of impropriety.
(2015-10-07, 11:52)leetwanker Wrote: [ -> ]I'll edit my original post to remove any trace of impropriety.

Its the PROPER which is the give-away. And Kodi having a method to specifically handle differentiating between normals and PROPERS would be effectively them endorsing piracy.
Seems a small price to pay to deal with such a tedious issue when stealing content.
(2015-10-08, 01:56)ActionA Wrote: [ -> ]Seems a small price to pay to deal with such a tedious issue when stealing content.

I've read that through twice. I *think* that's sarcasm. Agree though. It's not Kodi's job to police how people get their content, but it certainly shouldn't aid and abet. We all want Kodi to stick around for a long time.