Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a way to use m3u playlist file inside another m3u playlist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All, I'm using Kodi 15.2 RC3
I have PIPO X7 With windows 10 and everything works great!

I want to use IPTV Simple Client or Demo PVR to make all my local videos as channels.
What I mean is that I have an external 1TB HD with a lot of videos for my baby girls and I want to make each folder as a channel.

Example:
E:\Video\BabyFirst\ - (all the videos under this folder with be channel 1) #CH1 - BabyFirst
E:\Video\Disney\ - (all the videos under this folder with be channel 2) #CH2 - Disney
E:\Video\NickJunior\ - (all the videos under this folder with be channel 3) #CH3 - NickJunior

Now what I need is a way to write m3u playlist that list all the other m3u playlists
Example:

Code:
#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="BabyFirst" tvg-name="BabyFirst" group-title="LocalVideos" tvg-logo="BabyFirst.png",BabyFirst
E:\Videos\BabyFirst\BabyFirstPlaylist.m3u8

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Disney" tvg-name="Disney" group-title="LocalVideos" tvg-logo="Disney.png",Disney
E:\Videos\Disney\DisneyPlaylist.m3u8

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="NickJunior" tvg-name="NickJunior" group-title="LocalVideos" tvg-logo="NickJunior.png",NickJunior
E:\Videos\NickJunior\NickJuniorPlaylist.m3u8

And just for the example, Inside BabyFirstPlaylist.m3u8 will be this code:
Code:
#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1,PikaBoo Episode 1
E:\Videos\BabyFirst\PikaBoo\PikaBoo-Episode1.mp4

#EXTINF:-1,PikaBoo Episode 2
E:\Videos\BabyFirst\PikaBoo\PikaBoo-Episode2.mp4

Is there a way to do it?
I'm breaking my head for days.... :'(
Huh

Thanks for the help!
What you are looking for is something called PseudoTV Live. This is definitely doable but requires homework on your part due to the multitude of configuration options.

My phone is being a bitch so I can't copy paste the thread link.
I used PseudoTV Live, It's just that it's not ready yet and not stable...
All I want is a simple PVR that support something like that....

I'm trying and searching all around the web but I didn't find something like that...
Do you know what can I DO?
I see one previous post from you about a bug. No log, no fix. You should probably post that in the bugs thread. What is your profession? Let me come up with a problem and give you zero information and expect you to fix it.
I'm a developer, and When I reported the bug it was something that was already reported and something that luna didn't fix yet...this is why I didn't share the log...
And I didn't expected him to fixed it...

Anyway, thanks for the help...
(2015-10-07, 22:31)ofear Wrote: [ -> ]I used PseudoTV Live, It's just that it's not ready yet and not stable...
All I want is a simple PVR that support something like that....

I'm trying and searching all around the web but I didn't find something like that...
Do you know what can I DO?

can you give me an example of how its not stable? log? details of an event you feel makes it "unstable"...
I will be more then happy to help you make it stable Luna, I just thought that you have too much work on your mind.

I cannot provide a log since it's been a month since I used PesudoTV Live
But I will start a log of all the unstable things.
I will use 15.1. Is it OK with PseudoTV Live?

Just for the example:
It was getting very slow after 3 days
sometimes the update of PseudoTV Live was resetting all the channels
It was a bit slow on my PIPO X7( But that understandable)
(2015-10-07, 23:34)ofear Wrote: [ -> ]I will be more then happy to help you make it stable Luna, I just thought that you have too much work on your mind.

I cannot provide a log since it's been a month since I used PesudoTV Live
But I will start a log of all the unstable things.
I will use 15.1. Is it OK with PseudoTV Live?

Just for the example:
It was getting very slow after 3 days
sometimes the update of PseudoTV Live was resetting all the channels
It was a bit slow on my PIPO X7( But that understandable)

I always welcome help, but i'd really like to know whats "unstable" lol speaking from a coder's perspective its pretty stable as it is...
Which is why if there is a bug making things unstable, I haven't experienced it and would love to see a log or just tell me a repeatable pattern to trigger the "Unstable" behavior.

I don't receive enough detailed user feedback, without it i'm left to only fix issues I encounter...
Roger that, I will start sending you feedbacks with logs and issues.
I will loved to help you code too if you need another coder?
btw @Lunatixz Do you have an answer for this m3u issue?
(2015-10-08, 00:12)ofear Wrote: [ -> ]btw @Lunatixz Do you have an answer for this m3u issue?

I don't see how its possible, lists don't mean much, parsing is what matters... and unless IPTV simple can parse a playlist from within a playlist... you are out of luck