Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where are ID values declared?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to swap some buttons around in DialogVideoInfo.xml and I'm having issues with "Resume". Basically when its greyed out (nothing to resume), when you skip over the button the focus goes to "Refresh", regardless of where "Refresh" is on the menu. I'm thinking there's an "onright" tag somewhere or something having to do with ID's that I can't find anywhere in the file. I've tried everything to fix this but nothing works.

Also is there somewhere the actual button/ID functionality is handled? It seems if I switch the ID for "Resume" to any other button, the button will still act as a "Resume" button, but I do not see anything declared to make that ID "Resume" or any coding behind what that ID will do. Where is this being called from?

Thanks for any help. I'm new to skinning so I'm sorry if these are stupid questions.
(2015-10-09, 16:17)Forty0zFreedom Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to swap some buttons around in DialogVideoInfo.xml and I'm having issues with "Resume". Basically when its greyed out (nothing to resume), when you skip over the button the focus goes to "Refresh", regardless of where "Refresh" is on the menu. I'm thinking there's an "onright" tag somewhere or something having to do with ID's that I can't find anywhere in the file. I've tried everything to fix this but nothing works.

Also is there somewhere the actual button/ID functionality is handled? It seems if I switch the ID for "Resume" to any other button, the button will still act as a "Resume" button, but I do not see anything declared to make that ID "Resume" or any coding behind what that ID will do. Where is this being called from?

Thanks for any help. I'm new to skinning so I'm sorry if these are stupid questions.

You certainly have a onright action in resume's previous control that goes to ID="6"
Those are built in controls. You can find ID defs here.

Wiki
(2015-10-09, 16:39)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]You certainly have a onright action in resume's previous control that goes to ID="6"

Wiki

Ah, thanks for that link. So the "onright" action of a built in control cannot be modified?
(2015-10-09, 19:55)Forty0zFreedom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-09, 16:39)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]You certainly have a onright action in resume's previous control that goes to ID="6"

Wiki

Ah, thanks for that link. So the "onright" action of a built in control cannot be modified?
Sure you can. But as soon as the Control has a built in ID, you cannot set the action or name, it sticks to the ID. However, if the control is disabled, you might need another conditional action for the previous item to "jump" over it or remove action and set controls in a grouplist. It's hard to say like this, best is to share some code for us to check.