Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Episode Naming - Person Of Interest S03E17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I am naming my poi s03 episodes and ran into a issue. as you know windows doesn't let you name characters \ / : * ? "

Episode 17 title is /
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid...8371&lid=7

Anyway around this ?

Thank you
What I would do is just name it "Person.Of.Interest_S03E17.mkv" (or avi, or whatever...). I think Kodi and/or TVDB would be able to identify it from that without any errors. Give it a try!
Technically, Kodi doesn't even need the actual title. If you just want it there for organization sake, I would call the title "Slash".
thanks pagali and ned scott. guess I'll call it slash or bluray.com's review named it Root Path.
Why call it anything?
Hi MSFighter,

Just on the back of the other comments, I have this same file in my library, pulled down via Sickbeard.
It was automatically renamed to "Person of Interest - S03E17 - -.mp4" but the NFO contains the name / for <title> and it was scraped into all of my Kodi installs without any problems.
(Note I use a REGEX to accept that file naming format which used to be non-standard)
I manually renamed it (plus the thumbs and NFO file) to Root Path, edited the NFO file and then just manually re-added it to my kodi databases... worked fine.
@nickr : because I use a program that searches by name (brings several links of the tvshow - imdb, wiki, official site etc..) rather then season and episode. I recently came back to kodi (cough.. xbmc) last time was frodo. so getting a hang of it again.

@TychoCaine : thanks I'll do that.

good day