Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlists don't update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

my name is Chris and I am new to this forum. Thanks for having me here. I have got a problem and would appreciate your help.

I have Kodi 14.2 running on a Mac and a Raspberry Pi II. Both receive their files from a NAS and I am glad that I managed to create an advancedsettings-file so that changes (for instance updating the current playing time) are made on all systems.

I add metadata to my files by using a program called Mediaelch. With the help of this program I can add tags to each file, for example: "Watched: No". With the help of these tags I try to create smart playlists like "Watched: No", in which all files that have not been watched will be included. Now, yesterday I have watched a movie that I hadn't watched before and afterwards I rated this movie and changed the tag to "Watched: Yes". So - at least that is what I thought - the next time I go to the playlist, the movie that has been watched shouldn't appear any more. Unfortunately this is not the case. So the playlist does not seem to update. What can I do about that? If I open the nfo-file with a textediting-program, the tag says: "Watched: Yes", so the changes have been saved and this shouldn't be the problem.

Please help me!

Best regards,
Chris
Wouldn't you have to refresh the movie info to pickup the new tag?

But overall, that seems like a messy way to do things. Why not use mySQL or something like https://trakt.tv/ to keep your watched status in sync?