Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question for developers -Changing the way how keyboard controls work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to change the way how keyboard controls work? Or is this something what will be changed in te next version of Kodi?

Examle:

E - Live TV EPG/TV Guide

When E is pressed TV Guide shows up. But I am expecting that when I press again E that TV Guide will disappear. Like the Guide button on Microsoft Remote and Windows Media Center.

I am expecting it to have the same function as backslash which is able to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode.

Will it possible in the next versions of Kodi (when?) that we can toggle between functions?
It sounds like this will be changed so that "E" only goes to EPG when the user is already in a PVR area. No one can figure out why it is a global, and some people don't like that behavior. Either way, we'll make it so that "E" can also go back. I'll make a note of it for the keyboard.xml changes I want to propose.
Oh, and it's possible to manually fix this now. I was talking before about changing the default, but you don't have to wait for that. Just make a keymap (wiki) file that looks like this:

Code:
<keymap>
  <TVGuide>
    <keyboard>
      <e>PreviousMenu</e>
    </keyboard>
  </TVGuide>
</keymap>

Copy and paste that into a plain text file and name it something.xml (make sure it ends in .xml and not .txt) and save that in userdata (wiki)/keymaps/
(2015-10-10, 18:13)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like this will be changed so that "E" only goes to EPG when the user is already in a PVR area. No one can figure out why it is a global, and some people don't like that behavior. Either way, we'll make it so that "E" can also go back. I'll make a note of it for the keyboard.xml changes I want to propose.

I am not talking of changing this behaviour to works only in PVR area. I like how it is working now. For example I have Microsoft Remote with Guide button. When I am in home screen or in music, system I like it when I can press E or Guide button on my remote and this will bring me to EPG

Thank you for the code to be able to enable a EPG disable menu with one single button. In this case E, but I will also change it that this also works for H and some other buttons.

It should be nice if this behaviour will be global (or at least for Windows) just like it is the case for "i" info button.