Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A Confluence ZEITGEIST [ 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-28, 14:07)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]Since "Library Data Provider" is a script which is not updated frequently, i will consider making a custom version of it which does not have all the queries. The skin only uses a very small feature of the script and the rest is completely unused in this "skin use case".

That would be awesome. Allowing the user to set the polling frequency from the Kodi GUI would be a great addition Smile

Not sure if my post above was missed as it was posted at the same time you posted yours. When you get a chance could you take a look?

Quote:I do have another question, this time regarding the submenus. I was able to add "In progress" for TV Shows without issue.

However if I go back to the home screen and select "In progress" I then have to select my way through a couple menus before getting to the list of TV Shows that are in progress. (Videos ->TV shows -> In progress TV Shows)

Is it possible to change it so it goes right from the home screen to the list of In progress TV Shows without having to go through the extra menus?
small bug / observation:

On fanart view, bluray movies display 1080 instead of HD. DVD's display SD and 4K 4K
Best and fastest skin for me. Great work!
only missing clearart, whlie playing movies.

Hope the development continues
Good afternoon, axbmcuser (and everyone, of course).

I took your skin and I'm applying some mods. I think I already discussed with you somewhere else about the posibility to remove the logo from Home (which you didn't like), for example. My plan is to make it more minimalistic and add some extra features to make it more simple for elder people:

- Kiosk mode in options (when active, sidebar menus are disabled so the user cannot change the list view styles)
   - WIP: Removing the secondary menus under the main ones in the home screen (my parents always get confused by those menus :/)

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is because I made some changes in the fanart backgrounds that maybe you'd consider to include in your skin:

- Added album fanarts.
  - Music fanart (album or artist) shown in the background when going to home or any other menu while it's still playing (at the moment your skin shows a black screen).

You can get it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzf85v6k7...4.zip/file

Regards

PS. I created a project in github for the mod https://github.com/PixelGordo/kodi_konfluence
@PixelGordo 
Thanks for the info. I already did rework many things regarding the simplicity of the skin in the meantime which may go in your direction. Will have a look at the fanart changes. Will take some more time until release. Will update asap.
@PixelGordo

I now implemented a Kiosk Mode which hides the Sidebar Menus and submenus. (Don't have much use for it, but if you have, nice)
Should work without a problem once the upcoming rework of the skin is released.

"Now playing" music-fanart is also displayed now.

I did not really test your Skin variant since i'm always only working on the Krypton variant of the skin first since this is what i use on all my main systems. (Leia is too buggy for me regarding some core stuff atm)

I will port the latest version to Leia asap. Do you use Leia on all systems?
New release online for Krypton (Leia coming at a later time):

3.2.7 (2019-11-18)
- "Skin Settings":
- - Added new home screen option "Enable Add-on Shortcuts" to globally hide all Add-on Shortcuts while keeping the already configured shortcuts
- Other improvements

3.2.6 (2019-11-17)
- Additional checks for experimental function "Fade In Kodi UI on Startup"
- "Skin Settings" now displays the skin version at the bottom of the left menu
- Other improvements

3.2.5 (2019-11-15)
- Global rework for more simplicity
- Added home screen "Favorites" widget
- Added possibility to add home screen "Favorites" Addons
- Added support for music fanart - shown in background (while playing music)
- Skin Settings:
- - Added new custom background system supporting: "Multiple Images" and (as before) a "Single Image"
- - Added option to Darken background (Default: "Minimal")
- - Added background misc option: "Enable Idle Timer for Home Screen UI Fade Out" (Fades out main menu if idle on home screen for X seconds
- - Added new Experimental function: "Fade In Kodi UI on Startup"
- - Added new Experimental function: "Enable Kiosk Mode" (Hides: Sub menus, Sidebar menus)
- - Added option to remove Kodi logo
- Added simple "Grey" background
- Added UHD backgrounds for existing wallpaper "Polygons Grey" and "Polygons blue"
- - (Higher wallpaper resolution is automatically chosen if UHD display res. is detected)
- Reworked many graphics
- Other improvements
The KODI 18/Leia port of the latest skin version is now online:

4.2.5 (2019-11-22)
- Migrated all changes from the latest Krypton skin version (For details: see below). Now in sync with Krypton version 3.2.9

Migrated from Krypton skin version 3.2.9:
- Changed and refined icons: "Add-ons" main icon, "Pictures" main icon, "DefaultAddonPicture" icon, "DefaultPicture" icon
- Other improvements

Migrated from Krypton skin version 3.2.8:
- Added sidebar buttons "My add-ons", "Dependencies" and "Running" to AddonBrowser
- Other improvements

Migrated from Krypton skin version 3.2.7:
- "Skin Settings":
- - Added new home screen option "Enable Add-on Shortcuts" to globally hide all Add-on Shortcuts while keeping the already configured shortcuts
- Other improvements

Migrated from Krypton skin version 3.2.6:
- Additional checks for experimental function "Fade In Kodi UI on Startup"
- "Skin Settings" now displays the skin version at the bottom of the left menu
- Other improvements

Migrated from Krypton skin version 3.2.5:
- Global rework for more simplicity
- Added home screen "Favorites" widget
- Added possibility to add home screen "Favorites" Addons
- Added support for music fanart - shown in background (while playing music)
- Skin Settings:
- - Added new custom background system supporting: "Multiple Images" and (as before) a "Single Image"
- - Added option to Darken background (Default: "Minimal")
- - Added background misc option: "Enable Idle Timer for Home Screen UI Fade Out" (Fades out main menu if idle on home screen for X seconds
- - Added new Experimental function: "Fade In Kodi UI on Startup"
- - Added new Experimental function: "Enable Kiosk Mode" (Hides: Sub menus, Sidebar menus)
- - Added option to remove Kodi logo
- Added simple "Grey" background
- Added UHD backgrounds for existing wallpaper "Polygons Grey" and "Polygons blue"
- - (Higher wallpaper resolution is automatically chosen if UHD display res. is detected)
- Reworked many graphics
- Other improvements

Migrated from Krypton skin version 3.2.4:
- Other improvements
- New update for KODI 17 (Krypton) now live
- KODI 18 update following at a later time
- feedback welcome

3.3.4 (2020-01-29)
- Other improvements

3.3.3 (2020-01-28)
- Added HFR overlay icon for 4k60 movie/episode content (WallViews, Home Screen Widgets)
- Added some more options for "multiple images" background slideshow interval
- Added option to change KODI logo on home screen (Kodi, hidden, madVR)
- Added option to change search button action on home screen (search dialog, hidden, direct video library search)
- Added experimental option for showing a madVR logo while using the startup fade in function
- Added option to disable "mood background" for DialogVideoInfo
- Movie/episode end time now showing when VideoOSD buttons are visible
- Improved visual quality for DialogVideoInfo mood background blur (dithering)
- Other improvements
KODI 18 (Leia) version now live:

4.3.4 (2020-01-29)
- Other improvements

4.3.3 (2020-01-29)
- Added HFR overlay icon for 4k60 movie/episode content (WallViews, Home Screen Widgets)
- Added some more options for "multiple images" background slideshow interval
- Added option to change KODI logo on home screen (Kodi, hidden, madVR)
- Added option to change search button action on home screen (search dialog, hidden, direct video library search)
- Added experimental option for showing a madVR logo while using the startup fade in function
- Added option to disable "mood background" for DialogVideoInfo
- Movie/episode end time now showing when VideoOSD buttons are visible
- Improved visual quality for DialogVideoInfo mood background blur (dithering)
- Other improvements
Is anyone able to provide some example screenshots of your use of this skin?

Maybe some screenshots from your movie library while using "2x7 Wall View" or something like that? Maybe an additional 1-2 random screenshots of what else area you are using would also be nice.

Thanks in advance!
@Edworld
Thanks!
Nice to see something like this besides the own same test setups with the same artwork all the time. :-)
Looks very good. I really love the blurred mood backgrounds in the VideoInfo dialog.
Hi love the skin, just one thing is there anyway to have custom movie folders on home page? have have my movies set in to different folders on my server which is running emby i.e. Movies , Chick Flicks , Kids and so on. cheers for any help.
Are you planning to have a separate repository for the skin so that I can submit pull requests? Also for Library provider there is no point to have the plugin source:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="plugin.py">
<provides>video</provides>
</extension>

It doesn't do anything whatsoever and its appearance in the video addons list serves no purpose.