Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@threshold84
Thanks for the feedback.

Until now there is no separate skin repo due to the low probability of it being of much use other then it being even more stuff stuff to maintain. :-)
I'll look into creating one.
Do you have some comments on what changes you would like to propose?

Yes, i'm aware. As "Library Data Provider Lite" is just a stripped down mod of the original, it's a leftoft which i left in in order to not break the addon.
Removing the quoted code lead to other functionality stopping to function.
Now that you brought it up again it just removed "<provides>video</provides>" while keeping the rest of the code.
Looks like this is the way to go. ^^ Will be fixed in the next repo update, thx for bringing it up again. I agree that it's nicer to not have the empty addon item under video addons.
Yeah the library data provider and the removal of simplejson is all that I suggest. Maybe larger fonts as well if its possible.

Regarding simplejson it is just slow, the native json, part of regular python code is a lot faster.

I love your skin, thank you for your provision.
(2020-02-09, 18:15)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi love the skin, just one thing is there anyway to have custom movie folders on home page? have have my movies set in to different folders on my server which is running emby i.e. Movies , Chick Flicks , Kids and so on. cheers for any help.

So I take it this isn't possible? I'm using your kodi BETTERGUI (2020 build) cheers
(2020-02-09, 18:15)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi love the skin, just one thing is there anyway to have custom movie folders on home page? have have my movies set in to different folders on my server which is running emby i.e. Movies , Chick Flicks , Kids and so on. cheers for any help.
Sorry, i can't really keep up with every message sometimes. It's already pretty much information overload at times. :-)
There is no additional custom sub menu feature or something like that.
You could use the SuperFolder feature to jump in a folder which contains said Categrories as subfolders or you could use the included "FavoritesWidget" function an set 6 categories folders as the first 6 favorites so they get displayed as Widget when you focus on "Favorites" on the main menu.
Just some ideas...
(2020-02-12, 23:24)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]
Sorry, i can't really keep up with every message sometimes. It's already pretty much information overload at times. :-)
There is no additional custom sub menu feature or something like that.
You could use the SuperFolder feature to jump in a folder which contains said Categrories as subfolders or you could use the included "FavoritesWidget" function an set 6 categories folders as the first 6 favorites so they get displayed as Widget when you focus on "Favorites" on the main menu.
Just some ideas... 
Cheers for the reply I do appreciate you taking the time to reply and also for the skin I'll try your ideas but I did try the super folder option but it just loaded all the movies into the single folder. Cheers again mate
@wints
No problem.
Yes, "SuperFolder" is a option for having one folder shortcut which looks like a AddonShortcut for easy access.
But i think in you case the variant via the first 6 top most Favorites showing as Favorites Widget on home screen might be the more suiting option.
New version online (KODI 17 Krypton)

KODI 18 skin version coming later on in time

3.3.9 (2020-02-13)
- Reworked all main menu icons for higher quality (Now supporting native 2160p icons if 4K system resolution is detected)
- Reworked font sizes for multiple sections (home screen, favorites dialog, shutdown dialog, search dialog, videoinfo dialog) (Improved/larger fonts)
- Added SkinSettings option to hide movie file name in DialogVideoInfo
- Added new lightweight dependency for DialogVideoInfo mood backgrounds: service.listitem.helper
- Other improvements
Leia version now online

4.4.0 (2020-02-14)
4.3.9 (2020-02-14)
- Reworked all main menu icons for higher quality (Now supporting native 2160p icons if 4K system resolution is detected)
- Reworked font sizes for multiple sections (home screen, favorites dialog, shutdown dialog, search dialog, videoinfo dialog) (Improved/larger fonts)
- Added new lightweight dependency for DialogVideoInfo mood backgrounds: service.listitem.helper
- Other improvements
- Version now in sync with Krypton skin version 3.3.9

Edit1: Just noticed that there are still some small changes missing from the Krypton version. Will port them over later on. Sry
Edit2: Fixed
(2020-02-13, 19:06)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]New version online (KODI 17 Krypton)

KODI 18 skin version coming later on in time

3.3.9 (2020-02-13)
- Other improvements

Many thanks
No problem.

Some feedback regarding the new larger fonts sizes and larger icons for mainly the home screen would be great.

I tried to find some middle ground, making them bigger but not too large in comparaison to the other font sizes in all the other sections.
If we would want to make them even bigger, i think we will have to rework them alltogether through _all_ the other sections of the skin to avoid having too large awkward differences between home and some other section for example.
(2020-02-14, 16:44)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]- Reworked all main menu icons for higher quality (Now supporting native 2160p icons if 4K system resolution is detected)

Some Android devices if not all, even with the tv and the os displaying at 4K quality, inside Kodi it says 1080p.
"System.ScreenHeight" wrongly reports 1080 instead of 2160? Is this a reported bug?

If it's something which won't be fixed i can think about adding a "force uhd screen detected" switch to the experimental section or something like that so you can force the use of the higher resolution textures.
Update Krypton

3.4.1 (2020-02-16)
- Some more tweaking regarding larger fonts (home screen, select dialog, settings, skin settings and more)
- Slightly increased size of home screen addon shortcut icons (home screen)
- Slightly increased size of recently added movie posters (home screen)
- Tweaked some non-focus button textures and sizes (removed non-focus textures for some dialogs)
- Other improvements

3.4.0 (2020-02-15)
- Other improvements

Update Leia

4.4.2 (2020-02-16)
- Some more tweaking regarding larger fonts (home screen, select dialog, settings, skin settings and more)
- Tweaked some non-focus button textures and sizes (removed non-focus textures for some dialogs)
- Other improvements
- (In sync with Krypton skin version 3.4.1)

4.4.1 (2020-02-15)
- Other improvements (In sync with Krypton skin version 3.4.0)
(2020-02-16, 04:19)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]Update Krypton

3.4.1 (2020-02-16)
- Other improvements

3.4.0 (2020-02-15)
- Other improvements

Update Leia

4.4.2 (2020-02-16)
- Other improvements
- (In sync with Krypton skin version 3.4.1)

4.4.1 (2020-02-15)
- Other improvements (In sync with Krypton skin version 3.4.0)

Cheers mate for the updates your like a machine, I'll give feed back as soon has I can, but just trying to sort out a hdr playback issue after upgrading to your latest DSPlayer build.
Update Krypton:

3.4.4 (2020-03-02)
- Skin settings: New option
- - General settings -> Trailer Search method: Kodi YouTube Add-on / Open in Default Web Browser
- Other improvements

3.4.3 (2020-02-29)
- Updated language strings (Including: Strangely named "Working..." renamed to "Loading...")
- Skin settings: New option
- - General settings -> views and visual options
- - -> "Show mouse control buttons if mouse input enabled   (Default: Disabled)"
- Other improvements

3.4.2 (2020-02-22)
- Some more tweaking regarding larger fonts
- Other improvements