Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Added a global home PVR Recording/timer indicator which does not interfere with "Recently added..."-stuff. Smile

- Added global home screen PVR recording/timer indicator
- Fixed Recording OSD Button togglebutton states
- Minor improvements and optimizations (including):
VideoOSD, MusicOSD: Dim disabled items more,
Home screen "Recently added ..." font size corrections,
Small optimization in OSD Buttons: AudioSettings, VideoSettings, Record, EPG, TXT

- Reworked home screen icons for Shutdown Menu and Favorites
- Minor improvements and optimizations
Brilliant skin. Keep up the good work!

I love the fact that you have everything optimised. Also the fact that confluence is touch and mouse friendly (with back and home buttons etc). It runs on all devices as smooth as butter.

Do you have any plans after optimisation and tweeks to add extra functionallity?

If you do, it would be excellent if you added custom menu's and submenu's builder like in Titan. I know CCM and Xonfluence have custom menu and submenu's but they are quiet limited in the way they do it (submenu's are hard to order, somethings are missing like linking a menu item to picture addons and a screen to remove items from favourites, links from menu's rely heavily on the destination existing in kodi favourites first and more). The way Titan and artic (if i remember correctly) is they pull the submenus from addons etc for "deeper" links within addons (kind of like superfavourites). You can also have an unlimted number of main menu and submenu items and organise them in an order easily.

Obviously if you dont intend to add extra functionality then thats fine too. After testing I think this is by far the fastest skin here.
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll keep on without moving too far away from stock Confluence. Next big step will be the Jarvis version which will consume some time since some things like effectslowdown have changed.

Things like a mentioned custom menu builder probably won't be on my list anytime soon since stock Confluence has more basic areas which i would like to optimize before adding such larger custom things like a menu builder.

How do you (all) like the global home screen PVR recording/timer indicator?

I think it is really helpful and "feels right" compared to not having such a global indicator.
FYI: Jarvis version in progress. Smile
Nice updates again, axbmcuser. I made bug-reports for a few stock-Confluence items I (falsely) reported to you.

Small bug: When paused in home.xml (i.e. background music) the paused indicator at top of the screen overlaps all widgets slightly.

And showing buffer is OSD's seems like a nice feature.

And why not bring the shortcuts a little up towards the navigation bar in home.xml? It would decrease the navigational gap for shortcuts (compared to menu) and bring the related shortcut text over the black background (instead of the grey bottom). When there still is some space left, the navigation bar could even be lowered a little to give more screen for backgrounds (if used). Heck, even that bottom bar could be made smaller for optimal screen-estate for backgrounds.
(2015-11-21, 13:48)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 18:38)Robotica Wrote: [ -> ]All icons in home.xml have that square look once selected. Same is for the submenu's. Inverting all icons (so all outlining is highlighted instead the complete container) would make things look a lot cleaner once a icon is active. So when "Favorites" is active the star becomes blue instead of the square around it. Similar, when navigating to pictures the camera would become blue instead of the square around it.

Thinking further, same concept would also look great on text (like the library views, context menu, OSD, slide-in screens)

Navigating would be so much more tranquil.

This is somehow how the main menu items were when i started working on the Skin. I did not like it. I wanted the main menu items to have a large filled area like it is now and still like it. Maybe i'll recheck at a later time.

btw: new version online.
and
(2015-11-22, 19:46)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]I'll keep on without moving too far away from stock Confluence. Next big step will be the Jarvis version which will consume some time since some things like effectslowdown have changed.

Yes, I indeed ment similar to stock Confluence main menu behavior. Stock Submenu's works like you skin does. I guess it's a matter of preference.

Too bad for me but do you happen to know an easy solution for me to implement this for personal usage?
Christmas update - maybe the last Isengard skin update. Jarvis coming after that.

Please tell me how you like the reworked main menu - now with text labels. Feedback would be helpful.

- Reworked Home main menu (items now have text labels)
- Some home main menu icons now smaller (have been too bulky before)
- Don't hide "recently added [...]" on home screen if favorites sidebar is open
- Small textures update (includes: removed strange 0.0 audio indicator like in Jarvis)
- Small home main menu focus-item fix
- Reworked backgrounds for main menu and bottom floor image (Containing new, much better, almost banding free gradients)
Thanks for 5000+ views. Happy holidays.
- Reworked all OSD-Button graphics again (no focus + focus state changed)
- More reworked gradients with near to no banding
- Many smaller textures updates and icon size optimization
Feedback for changed weather info on home screen welcome. IMHO i never liked the large KODI logo weather replacement, so i replaced that option with a small and clean mini weather info (small weather graphic + temperature right next to the KODI logo, which now is not replaced anymore.) It's still optional as before - same option, just a less "extreme" result as before.

- Reworked textures:
arrow-big-left.png,
arrow-big-right.png,
PVR-IsRecording.png,
PVR-HasTimer.png,
icon-mute.png

- Reworked up/down left/right control graphics/arrows (type 1 + 2)

- New MINI Weather Information for home screen:
Reworked home screen option "Show weather information" (it does NOT replace the KODI logo with that large weather information anymore - mini info is added right to the KODI logo)
- Fixed Video OSD Subtitle tooltip position (X-position slightly off because of the reworked OSD buttons)
Textures:
- Reworked "radio buttons" (AKA on/off button)
- OSD Keyboard focus key optimized
- OSD Keyboard radio buttons optimized to match radio button change

- Home screen PVR recording/timer info position fix (very minor)
2.7.81 (2015-12-28)
- Visually optimized home screen addons

2.7.80 (2015-12-27)
- Visually optimized home screen addons
- Added home screen addons option for "TV/Radio"
- Visually optimized home screen RSS Feed
- Reworked textures: PVR-EpgProgressIndicator.png
Great updates; really nice looking home.xml!

Just one more problem for me:
(2015-11-06, 13:20)Robotica Wrote: [ -> ]..
Another bug:
Option "show weather info" in skin settings, Home window. This toggle has no impact.

(2015-11-06, 15:08)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]..
Just to be sure (since i don't use any weather functionality)

This option surely uses a common Weather addon, if it's installed, right? Which one do you have installed? (Never tried one)

Openweathermap extended

(2015-11-12, 19:07)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]..

7) Just tested with the OpenWeatherMap Extended addon installed. Works for me as usual (Confluence). The Kodi Logo in the top left is replaced by a mini weather info. Did not change any code regarding this from the Confluence base.

Than this is a poor setting: Naming is similar to the other options controlling widgets. This should be named "Replace kodi Logo with weather".

2nd bug is that the closing button of changelog screen (in addonbrowser) has the close-button on the left (instead of right).
Hey there,

thanks for the feedback.

My latest update does not have the weather LOGO "replacement" anymore - i would have agreed, it's wrongly named in Stock Confluence.
Now it's a mini weather addition that sits to the right of the KODI logo. Now the stock naming of that option makes sense.
You tried my latest version? Works as intended with both yahoo and OpenWeatherMap Extended for me. (Yeah, i started using weather info myself in the meanintime... Smile

Edit:
- Will check moving the close button on the changelog window. (Still considering mouse legacy support on my end, but it won't be a big of deal i think)
- I think about increasing the max. home screen addons from 5 to 7. The dimension i use at the moment allow exactly 7 items, so it wouldn't hurt, i think. Don't use so many addons, but someone might.
(2015-12-29, 17:40)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

thanks for the feedback.

My latest update does not have the weather LOGO "replacement" anymore - i would have agreed, it's wrongly named in Stock Confluence.
Now it's a mini weather addition that sits to the right of the KODI logo. Now the stock naming of that option makes sense.
You tried my latest version? Works as intended with both yahoo and OpenWeatherMap Extended for me. (Yeah, i started using weather info myself in the meanintime... Smile

Edit:
- Will check moving the close button on the changelog window. (Still considering mouse legacy support on my end, but it won't be a big of deal i think)
- I think about increasing the max. home screen addons from 5 to 7. The dimension i use at the moment allow exactly 7 items, so it wouldn't hurt, i think. Don't use so many addons, but someone might.

Thnx.
Yes, I'm up-to-date with 2.7.81 but naming is confusing given all other option "show x info" control widgets. I use max. 5 addons on home.xml. However, I would like to add playlists and favorites as well in there. Original CCM had those possibilities. Then I can much better integrated iptv/live TV in my main menu.