Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I feel so bad for you admins/moderators...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The recent influx of Chinese spam has annoyed me and my TapaTalk feed Sad
I cannot even imagine how much this and the pirate add-on posts annoy you...

Stay strong, my brothers and sisters in arms. Stay strong! Smile

Yes, I know it is a silly post but your time is appreciated and I felt the need to say as much.

It definitely feels one-sided when others point out a momentary lapse in restraint when having to deal with this on a constant basis. Some do understand Wink
We are currently entertaining the idea to give a few people like you and a few others that seem to regularly be the first to react the rights to use the stopforumspam button that supermoderators can use to quickly ban these users.
And thanks for the post. It's not silly at all and much appreciated that you get how annoying it is for us.
You are most welcome and I will gladly accept the responsibility to delete these posts if the power was granted...
With great power comes great responsibility and I will treat the honor to do so with respect Smile
(2015-10-12, 12:05)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]The recent influx of Chinese spam has annoyed me and my TapaTalk feed Sad
I cannot even imagine how much this and the pirate add-on posts annoy you...

Stay strong, my brothers and sisters in arms. Stay strong! Smile

Yes, I know it is a silly post but your time is appreciated and I felt the need to say as much.

It definitely feels one-sided when others point out a momentary lapse in restraint when having to deal with this on a constant basis. Some do understand Wink

+100 !!! It blows my mind how NOBODY reads the rules or the forums in general before posting. I spent months reading about all of my problems here and learned SOOOOO much before I even joined the forums! Much appreciation for your time and energy dealing with the ignorance!
Moderators: your time and help is noted and appreciated.
Best Regards.
I agree there seems to be an increase of spam and really irritating posts about banned addons/repos in the wee hours of Europe.
It wastes a lot of time when I'm trying to support a bunch of addons and need to read a ton of posts to figure out if they're related to my work.
Many of the people posting know they're not following the rules and don't care about their lack of consideration.
I really appreciate the time and effort put in by the mods.
Is there not a way to make new users read (or at least view on screen) the forum rules and accept them before allowing them to post? I'm sure I've been on forums that do this in the past. Might help with the constant barrage of requests for piracy add-on support we seem to get.
Maybe have those active in notifying the new users compile a list of words that can provide a warning and prompt before the post is submitted?
I think you should implement this the other way around, block no one, let them post, set their first posts as hidden to everyone else but themselves, scan the posts for spam items, if found remove posts and block profile.
If this is technically automated possible for this forum software is another question :-)
If it's possible, you should set a rules page and choose a sentence from that rules page such as, "ANY questions on piracy will get me banned from support." Make that the "captcha" they have to input in order to complete forum signup. Then, when you get a stupid question you can just ban them and be done with it. I mean, if you honestly have to look for a sentence such as that and use it to complete registration and you STILL asked a stupid question, banning that person is the best thing you can do.
(2015-10-13, 15:08)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe have those active in notifying the new users compile a list of words that can provide a warning and prompt before the post is submitted?
That would be a good idea if Comcast xfinity or sega genesis did not exist :p
Yea number of spammer posts has forced an unsubscribe ... Tapatalk and Emails were getting out of control
(2015-10-13, 20:10)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-13, 15:08)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe have those active in notifying the new users compile a list of words that can provide a warning and prompt before the post is submitted?
That would be a good idea if Comcast xfinity or sega genesis did not exist :p
Posts that contain those words require approval as they will be moderated.
Since someone just flooded the skinning forum Sad what about a simple auto temp ban for any new members who are posting more than 3 threads/posts in 5 minutes. Then they could be either given a link to ask for an account review on there no permissions page or auto flagged for moderator review Huh
Pages: 1 2