Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Android] MXQ Internet speeds and CPU Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i have asked people everywhere and no one seems to reply to me. I am a noob to MXQ Android Box but after reading things online there are two things that i am having issues with.

1) When i press "o" while watching a movie i only see that CPU0, & CPU1 are running. The box is a quad core so i research and found someone that downloaded a manager tool from google play store and enabled a feature to use CPU0 through CPU3 all 4 cores. problem is he doesnt tell what tool he used, or what to do in that tool, just said the change the CPU mode to on demand to performance. NO idea how to do this.

2) The same guy said that he was testing internet speeds on is box around 15Megs with a 80Megs Internet so he read that the the stock firmware wasn't great so he found a customer firmware and flashed it and now is reading 75Meg on his box. I have 150 Meg Internet and when i do a speed test using an app from google play store on 2 different apps i get about 15Megs as well HARDWIRED. Can anyone help me get the 100Megs the box is capable of getting with a hardwired connection?
good question.... is this possible?
if you find the app post it here plz
I wouldn't look too deeply at the codec info overlay. Data there can easily be misunderstood. For one, it might not be showing any data for anything unrelated to video output or rendering. I'm honestly not sure, but the big thing is, is everything running okay? Someone might get that overlay to show something different, but that might not actually mean anything for performance.

About the second question, a similar answer. Better firmware can often dramatically improve network performance, thanks to better drivers or resolving some bug here or there, but I wouldn't worry about it unless it's actually an issue.