Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: interface console-kodi keyboard layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi community !

i've installed osmc (last version 15) on my raspberry 2 and enjoy it , it works very well but i've got a simple problem : i'm unable to see/select asserted french keyboard layout in system international setup in kodi.

i have done everything i found on forums (install console-common, console set-up, locales etc...) and i can work with an asserted french keyboard in the shell console but not in kodi. the only keyboard near mine that i can select is english azerty.

i've "dpkg-reconfigure" every package about keyboard , console and locales but nothings help, i'm still having the good keyboard in shell console but not in kodi Sad

if someone have any idea that would be great, i'm a bit disappointed .

thx by advance.
The keyboard layout in Kodi and system are not synchronised yet. We do this for timezone, but haven't done it for KBs yet.

Remove console-common and console-setup packages. You only need locales for the shell, which is already included in OSMC by default.

I don't know about this -- but the keyboard should be selectable via Kodi. Perhaps some other French users can help.

Sam