Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: amazon fire tv stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have looked high and low for a solution to this and all have not helped I have 2 tv sticks and both I have keep giving me jerky video playback every few minutes or so, its nothing to do with buffering. tried disabling mediacodec, adjusting display refresh rate ect.. and not got anywhere better. using the latest kodi and spmc and both are the same can anyone point me in the ight direction, as both or pretty much useless at the moment thanks.
What formats does it happen on? What resolutions?

What are your sources and how are they set up?

Can you provide a debug log?

You need to be more specific to get any meaningful help.
Hi I am fairly new to the working of kodi as far as I'm aware it's mainly is playing in h264 and either 29.970fps or 23 both play jerky sd or hd does not matter. if you tell me how to get the debug log I can as its been a long time since I had to use one since xbmc days. and I will. cheers
can you connect a keyboard (bluetooth ??) press O and see if they are skipped or dropped frames.. cpu maxxing out or what ??

For me with FTV Gen1 boxes i need media codec off.. But it is sensitive to bad encodes and skipps frames (not drops) more than other players.
You cannot connect a bluetooth keyboard to the fire tv stick (really dumb since the fire tv allows it and the stick works with Amazon's Bluetooth controller, it might be a silly software restriction), but the android app works well for keyboard input
Hi I can see that info without a keyboard it has dropped frames maybe anything from 22-100 but I tried installing 14.04 spmc and that was working ok for a while but thats starting playing up also. even when it has dropped frames it can play fine so dont think thats it. it never really skips any, and it has maybe 1 or 2 of pc whatever that is. the cpu one jumps from 50-100 but the other never maxes out so dont know about that. I have googled this for over a week now and is really starting to get on my nerves now tbh, was hoping someone could help here can get a debug log if anyone can help me on it. or at least advise me if its a known issue with this setup and advise on a suitable box so I can bin them and move on. even the kids have giving up on it and say it keeps stuttering and is pointless watching it so I know I'm in trouble when even they can't be assed with it any help would be gratefully appreciated.
It's happening to me too. I hate the Plex interface and I really wanna use Kodi so I'm really trying to get to the bottom of this.