Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue with external harddisks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Marcel,

I am using several external harddisks. I just noticed, that Titan is obviously not caching the fanart backgrounds. It just goes black, if the device is not present

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5d4bac441218137

Switching to Confluence - and its all there.

And heres another question:

How can I change the focus text colour in the main window from default blue to e.g. white?

http://www.imagebam.com/image/4b90d0441218139

Thanks, Chris
Hmm, strange... it should use the Kodi texture cache for that. You are sure that the images that are black were once cached to the texture cache ?
If the skin tries to display a fanart image that has never been shown before it won't be in the cache and so you'll have black images.
Maybe there's something I'm overlooking here, will look into it.

To change the focus color --> skin settings --> Homescreen layout --> Focuscolor for home tiles
honestly, i dont know if the images were cached before. i can only tell you, connecting the harddrive (and switching it on, of course), all fanarts are there, switching it off, and they are gone (in Titan, in Confluence they are still there).
How can I make sure, that those images are cached correctly?

And for changing the focus color - Silly Me! ---> Thank you!
If an image has been on the screen once it will be automatically cached by Kodi.
So, can you do a quick test if an image is available if it has been showed once ?
Yep, done that - still the same. The odd thing is, that Confluence does show them, and Titan dont
I have been looking at the code and I think we're on to a Kodi bug here...

Titan uses a so called multiimage control to display the backgrounds, Confluence uses a plain image control.
It seems that the multiimage control is ignoring the texture cache or something.
I'm not yet 100% sure, still testing.

BTW: Do you have extrafanart disabled in the skin settings ? That is never going to work when the images aren't present
Yes, extrafanart is disabled.

Thanks for your help Wink Wasn't sure if i had messed up anything.
cheers, Chris
OK, I will make a small change to the skin to make sure a default image control is used.
You're willing to try it out ?
would be glad to
OK, can you download this file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marcel...ilding.xml

And place it in the skin's 1080i directory.
Note to (re)start KJodi after overwriting the file
Tested it, but now the background sticks to the same random fanart for every single movie. if e.g. Brazil fanart is chosen randomly, every other movie shows also the background fanart from Brazil.
OK, can you make another try, I made some typos in the code.
Same file again to overwrite...
Yep, now it is working perfectly!

Thanks for the amazing support, you are the shit!!!

As I am going deeper and deeper into Titan over the next days and weeks, dont be bothered to hear again from me Wink

Cheers, Chris
Great, thanks for your help testing this. I will include the fix in next skin update.
Don't be afraid to ask support ;-)
Hi Marcel!

Digging up this thread again. Almost the same behaviour in the tv-show section. Banners and thumbnails are not cached and therefore missing when the containing drive is unplugged.
btw: noticed something else: after installing extended info script all tv-show fanarts are mixed up. plugging in one drive after another and go through all stages so that the images are cached again helped finally. just uninstall did not solve the problem.
cheers,
Schiffschaukel
Pages: 1 2 3