Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: is it possible to wrap the itel labels to more than one line?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want the titles of my movies to wrap inside a box sorta like an icon in a desktop... is this available?
Yes. Use <multiline>true</multiline> in the labelcontrol.

Read the skinning manual - while it's not 100% up to date, it's pretty good. And please contribute to it as well - I've written almost all of it and quite frankly I have better things to do (like code).
it didn't work for me...

Quote:<control type="label">
<posx>60</posx>
<posy>260</posy>
<width>160</width>
<height>40</height>
<font>font17</font>
<multiline>true</multiline>
<textcolor>FFffffff</textcolor>
<align>left</align>
<info>ListItem.Label</info>
<include>selectedcolor</include>
<include>common-fade-quick</include>
<visible>Control.IsVisible(54)</visible>
</control>
my guess would be your <height>40</height> entry..
Actually, it think it's called <wrapmultiline> not <multiline>
Msan Wrote:Actually, it think it's called <wrapmultiline> not <multiline>

thanks that did it Wink thanks alot guys. working on a skin I think you guys'll like but I'm mainly a designer not a coder.
Sure, np.. Let us know when the skin is ready.. Always looking out for new skins Smile
anyone know why this wont work inside of a focusedlayout tag? it works fine outside of it, but I want the title to animate with the Icon? i've been trying to figure this out for some time now to no avail. help, please!
Possibly isn't supported inside a listcontainer item. They don't use the same label system (for very good reason). I may have to look into whether I can incorporate them that so that they get all the same capabilities without me having to reproduce everything.